daily pic

You'll appreciate this.

Audi field opens in about 2 weeks - new home for DC United. It's two blocks south of my house. They've already opened a beer garden there and they've been showing WC games. The cheering has actually rivaled some of the cheering from Nationals Park lately, and that's when it dawned on me how badly the Nationals are playing right now.
I love living in the middle of nowhere, but every once and a while it would be cool to be able to walk to stuff like that.

My buddy and I did a Smokey and the Bandit run to grab some booze.
Chased "Extreme" thunderstorms all day. I have no doubt the controllers doing flight following with us were shaking their heads.

fullsizeoutput_10f.jpeg

"Heavy to extreme precipitation over destination airport.... say intentions...?"
Does the postal service stop when it rains? Neither does this sky wagon!
IMG_4095.JPG

My son is a Sports and Fitness Trainer and is getting ready to start his Doctoral program in Physical Therapy. He spent last week testing the 2018 Red Wings draft picks.
He played college baseball his freshman and sophomore years, but decided to stop and focus more on school during his junior and senior years. He did really well in college, and I'm pretty proud of him (even though he doesn't fly, haha).

Red Wings Locker Room.jpg

Red Wings Fitness Testing.jpg

Red Wings Practice Rink.jpg

Last edited:

knot4u

Repeat Offender
My son is a Sports and Fitness Trainer and is getting ready to start his Doctoral program in Physical Therapy. He spent last week testing the 2018 Red Wings draft picks.
He played college baseball his freshman and sophomore years, but decided to stop and focus more on school during his junior and senior years. He did really well in college, and I'm pretty proud of him.

View attachment 43943

View attachment 43944

View attachment 43945
That's cool, I'm sure you're proud, deservedly so.

Ozelot

Minneapolis TRACON
Chased "Extreme" thunderstorms all day. I have no doubt the controllers doing flight following with us were shaking their heads.
Lol, so true! I hear it all the time in the control room. "WTF if this guy doing, doesn't he see this" I usually tell them sometimes the precip we see looks worse on our screen then it does out the window.

Has their safety record improved? I used to drop skydivers at Illiana Skydiving and in Rantoul back in the 90s and it seemed like there was a fatality at Skydive Chicago in the news on a somewhat regular basis.

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
Has their safety record improved? I used to drop skydivers at Illiana Skydiving and in Rantoul back in the 90s and it seemed like there was a fatality at Skydive Chicago in the news on a somewhat regular basis.
Meh, skydiving is inherently dangerous, and fatalities are usually fun jumpers, which the DZ can’t really control as opposed to how they run their tandems.