• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CRJ-100/200SF!?

KSCessnaDriver

In my roughly 18 months on the CR2, I'm yet to encounter any significant MX delays. Maybe it's just how the shop fixes them, but they seem like decent planes as long as you stay ahead of the MX on it.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Haha, not at all. I see far fewer things broken from day to day on the pax 200's I fly versus the cargo DC9/1900/PA31 I flew. And the 200's get way more cycles on them daily.
Having read some of the PA31 SDRs from Amflight, I'm not surprised. They're still regularly breaking things other operators have figured out and life limited.

That flap AD is the worst especially for pax operations. Uh, well we're gonna be max 42/50 today...
When the long runway (and ILS) was under construction at CHS the CAE ops manager literally had the bus service on speed dial.

"Hey approach, why is Acey holding?"
"Acey, why are you holding?"
"It's complicated...also, we would like to change our destination to CAE."

jhugz

The Juarez Express
I don't see it as an effective ad hoc freight bird. The cabin isn't wide enough to put to pallets side by side. A lot of dead space. However DHL/UPS/Fedex used them and bulked them out, I believe they could be very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainline_or_bust

Two days before, the day after tomorrow
Are you flying super long flights or what? I'm yet to bump passengers for anything other than needing an alternate that is significant distance from the destination.
As I recall (been a while), If you require an Alt and have to have fuel for a flap failure during approach you fight both sides of the envelope.

I don't see it as an effective ad hoc freight bird. The cabin isn't wide enough to put to pallets side by side. A lot of dead space. However DHL/UPS/Fedex used them and bulked them out, I believe they could be very good.

Anything a Falcon 20 can do a CR2 can do. And falcon 20s aren't getting any younger

jhugz

The Juarez Express
Anything a Falcon 20 can do a CR2 can do. And falcon 20s aren't getting any younger
Not really seeing your point, a Bro can do a lot more then a Falcon at a lot less cost. It's only upside is super time critical stuff on shorter hauls.

A Falcon 20 vs. a CRJ is like comparing apples and oranges.

Adler

Low-Level Individual
Not really seeing your point, a Bro can do a lot more then a Falcon at a lot less cost. It's only upside is super time critical stuff on shorter hauls.

CRJ's are basically free, and they'll likely be replacing the aging Convairs which cost a ton since they don't have a simulator.

I can't count how many times we went out in a DC9 to pick up freight that wouldn't fit through the door of a 120. I'm not saying the E-120 isn't a decent plane, but it's not the same as a jet.