Craigslist Aviation section

z987k

Our local has real listings. Mostly parts like skis or an alternator but I've bought and sold airplane stuff on craigslist.

Richman

Most of the smart/skilled guys who get into high performance warbirds scare themselves silly, but survive, then sell.

I talked to one guy who had a real good handle on his EasternEuroJet. Kept up on MX, did recurrent, the full Monty. He told me he sold it because “I was absolutely convinced no matter what I did, that airplane would kill me eventually”.

milleR

Last edited:

z987k

That’s a bold paint scheme Cotton, let’s see how it works out for him.

Unfortunately that’s also about double the budget for my one friend looking for a piston single.
Well good news because if he wants to sell it, it's worth just over half what he's asking. Maybe.

Beep

Huh. I'd never bothered to look at CL aviation for this area before....this looks interesting:
2006 Glastar GS-1

@milleR - got any buddies interested?

Oh, and @Nark @Lawman - need a trophy?
Apache Helicopter Cyclic Grip
“If you are reading this the cyclic grip is still available. I have a stick grip from a AH-64 Apache Helicopter that I purchased awhile back. I was originally going to have it mounted on a display stand but never got around to it. I paid over $2k for it but now its time for someone else to enjoy it. Letting it go for $1500 or best offer. Please use the link and I will answer as quickly as I can. Thanks for checking it out.”

How exactly would someone enjoy this thing?!
:)

milleR

“If you are reading this the cyclic grip is still available. I have a stick grip from a AH-64 Apache Helicopter that I purchased awhile back. I was originally going to have it mounted on a display stand but never got around to it. I paid over $2k for it but now its time for someone else to enjoy it. Letting it go for $1500 or best offer. Please use the link and I will answer as quickly as I can. Thanks for checking it out.”

How exactly would someone enjoy this thing?!
:)
Replacement shift knob .... suddenly “pew pew pewing” at traffic gets a LOT more entertaining.

Richman

GF tried to sell her Chevy SUV on CL. Seemed like a LOT of hassle.

I would have dumped it at CarMax and been done with it.

Lawman

Replacement shift knob .... suddenly “pew pew pewing” at traffic gets a LOT more entertaining.
I’m sad to say I’ve seen more than a couple examples of that. Not from one particular airframe either.

I guess when the AF retired the T-37s a whole lot of parts must have gone missing or something because they started showing up in Captains Camaro/Mustangs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeppUpdater

I sold my Camaro 1LE at CarMax - they offered me $4k more than the best of 3 dealers did, had the paperwork done and me out the door in less than 45 minutes. I saw it on their website about a week later for $3k over what they paid me, and it disappeared about two weeks later. Not a bad ROI for the time on their part, and totally turn key on my part without the private party hassle.

Cherokee_Cruiser

I listed my car on CL once. Too many scams. Overseas military personnel who can’t see my car but will pay me via PayPal and someone comes to take the title and car. I thanked one for his service and asked what branch and country he was stationed, no reply. By the end of the day a guy text me similar story and I just texted back “you’re the 5th guy today in the military overseas who wants to pay me via PayPal.”