• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Controller charged with possession of wmd

Baronman

We had this story in the local NY rags this morning...The Daily News article left me scratching my head. Controller w/ a bomb....So his roommate makes a pipe bomb and it's found at their place so they're both arrested? I guess arrest both until the facts come to light.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
We had this story in the local NY rags this morning...The Daily News article left me scratching my head. Controller w/ a bomb....So his roommate makes a pipe bomb and it's found at their place so they're both arrested? I guess arrest both until the facts come to light.
Were they roommates? Everything I've read just says the one dude made it to use on his neighbor and then changed his mind and gave it to the other dude who is a controller but no further details.

RDoug

I'm wondering who called in the tip precipitating the search warrant, and why someone was so dumb as to tell anyone else they'd made a bomb.

A80TRACON

Backpfeifengesicht

A80TRACON

Backpfeifengesicht
Apparently they arrested him at work. He was in the tower cab when the cops came for him.
Once had a controller cuffed on position at ZBW for sexual deviance..... Also was on position during a mid crash at CLT and the tower controller had left to go "be with" his gf's daughter, who was severely underage.

Union protected him (which really made me rethink NATCA) because of a technicality.... Though NATCA protected him he ended up, and still is on, the sexual registry database...... Became a supervisor.

Go figure.

///AMG

This is the kind of stuff I'd love to be a jury member for.

WMD my ass.
My dad served a term as the foreman of the federal grand jury in my hometown......it wasn't like he ever was able to talk specifics of anything, nor would he of course, but from what little he talked about, it sounded like this sort of thing was not at all uncommon.