Confused about PanAM

FLDiver

Damn !!! I dont think you even need a degree to call yourself a financial advisor, do you??? From what I understand, you take a few classes get some OJT and PRESTO, you are a financial advisor....I think. I dont know if I would like that kind of job or not, but the pay is nice if you are good at it.

d_gelling

Just like pilots there are PLENTY of broke financial advisors out there.....and no it is not that that easy to become one. There are a miriad of licenses to get depending on the services offered.

dakovich

yup, my friend has had to get all kinds of licenses and take a crap load of tets for otherthings related to his job.

and no, you don't "need" a adegree to be succesful...all you need is drive and a good head on your shoulders. those people though are few and far between.

d_gelling

Not really..just semantics. All FA's (Financial advisors in this case....I forgot I was in an aviation forum
) vary depending on the number of services they offer...stocks, bonds, mutual funds, health/life insurance (yes a lot of FA's offer those as well), estate planning, etc. All different categories require different licensing and skills.