Companies that are hiring.

stroboli62

Oh, being a line monkey on -30 F nights on a MSP ramp and watching Learjet 35 start and pulling APU cables away on many a night....

THAT was still 1986-1990. When the big EMP comes don't know if scanners or exciter boxes are gonna be 21st Century , anymore...LOLOL

Comair 100ER

Off the top of my head and subject to change, like everything anymore...

Border patrol
Mountain air cargo
Empire
Martinaire
Castle air cargo (Cleveland)
Atlas
UPS
ABX
XJT direct entry capts
Baron aviation services

Looks like BLM and the FAA are hiring pilots.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
The only thing good about the possibility of eating the furlough turd is that I might be able to end up freight doggin' or aerial firefighting. Keep my airnet dream alive JC

milleR

The only thing good about the possibility of eating the furlough turd is that I might be able to end up freight doggin' or aerial firefighting. Keep my airnet dream alive JC
It's funny, that was the job I really wanted in '08, but they put me in a pool. Cape Air called and gave me a class date so I took it. About 6 weeks later Airnet was filing chapter 11. You just never know.

Boots2Wings

woah woah woah. “Freight doggin” is our word.
Its “wobbly prop pusher” to you, or if im feeling generous “single pilot deathtrap operator”. But thats only if I know you, which i dont!

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
It's funny, that was the job I really wanted in '08, but they put me in a pool. Cape Air called and gave me a class date so I took it. About 6 weeks later Airnet was filing chapter 11. You just never know.
it was my dream gig when I was still working on my commercial. My CFII was flying Barons around for them and it sounded like an awesome experience. They were gone by the time I was qualified.
Strange times we live in, but I also wouldn't be terribly upset if I got to do some of the things I missed out on while grinding it out for the dream job.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
woah woah woah. “Freight doggin” is our word.
Its “wobbly prop pusher” to you, or if im feeling generous “single pilot deathtrap operator”. But thats only if I know you, which i dont!
psh, I'm down for it. Seeing those fdx caravans doing 160kts over the fence in EWR always made me cackle.

milleR

The OOTSK was always a badass group to me, all ya'll keep on keepin' on, I hope you can catch some of our wayward brethren through this ordeal