Commutair landing incident

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Sadly, it's not half as good. It's TWICE as good! I hope that someday you're released from Twin-Bonanza-with-Pratts hell, and can join the rest of us in the Light of the Word of Mitsubishi, or at least his Prophet, Garrett. Now, all rise, we shall sing Hymn #29, 29 there in the back. "TPE, our Rock in Ages Past, our Hope for Years to Come."
The only reason the Mu2 is so good is because you can’t fit anyone above child size inside it. Contortionists excluded.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
What with that amazing wing and all the POWAH, it'll get one back to the airport while the poor 90 driver is trying to figure out where best to crash.
The dead horse has been beaten plenty, but you’re about twice as likely to die from getting into an unusual attitude while punching in a new transponder code after takeoff than from an engine failure in a PC12.

sweeps

Undercarriage Acuator
Well, that sort of looks like a landable runway surface.

Well it’s was between 1/2 and 3/4 and SN when the accident happened. So I’m gonna wager that the runway wasn’t quite that plowed at the time. Also according to my buddy at that particular airline, they’ve been having lots of issues with the plows and reported runway conditions this winter(prior ones as well I’ve been told)

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
Well it’s was between 1/2 and 3/4 and SN when the accident happened. So I’m gonna wager that the runway wasn’t quite that plowed at the time. Also according to my buddy at that particular airline, they’ve been having lots of issues with the plows and reported runway conditions this winter(prior ones as well I’ve been told)
"Minimums, go around."

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
Agreed. Although I think it wasn’t applicable in this case, this is why we brief VASI/PAPI on the left or right.
You're right, it's an important part of the brief so you know what to expect to see.

But, I figure if you can't see the runway lights, terminating bars, and the VASI/PAPI, you don't have the required visual contact to complete the approach.

I get it, crap happens, we all hate going around, but breaking out and making a guess about what you're looking at is usually a bad decision, if that's what happened in this case.

Nark

Sheepdog
@jtrain609 can you imagine a scenario where you can see the runway lights on the approach, but not on the runway?
I sure can. Let’s see you try.