CommutAir Furlough (Edit: Mesa is now as well.)

Yakob

Grand Prognosticator Nominee
Actually, I would hope we ALL care about not empowering rapists? Wouldn’t that be better than “yeah, but he’s OUR rapist?” That seems to be where the majority are now...at least of those that vote.

Can someone run on a “I’m not a rapist” platform and win? Seems a pretty low bar...
Well Hillary Clinton isn't a rapist but I remember people saying not to vote for her because "not being Trump isn't enough"...

Hammertime

Wow. Thread drift much. Meanwhile, at C5...

Update: MEC finally had 5 minutes to put some comms out. They've literally been working on this nonstop.

Furloughs are cancelled.
If you bid a line, fly it, and MMG is 90 hours. (I never found out why, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth)
If you bid a long call reserve line of 40 hours (10 days), you do it, and get 75 hr MMG (normal)
If you took a furlough (I don't think it matters voluntary/involuntary) you get a long call reserve line with 75 hr pay check for 10 day of on call.
If you took a COLA, you can keep it with no pay, or transition to a long call line per above.

Me? I'm staying out on my COLA. I could use a month off anyway. I'll get some yardwork done, and my airline apps polished up for when things start moving again. Actually get to know my wife. Plus, why risk getting sick when I can afford not to go in. (And that's not counting stimuli monies. I may actually come out ahead on this thing! They said I could file for unemployment, maybe, too...)

Screaming_Emu

Joe Conventional
Wow. Thread drift much. Meanwhile, at C5...

Update: MEC finally had 5 minutes to put some comms out. They've literally been working on this nonstop.

Furloughs are cancelled.
If you bid a line, fly it, and MMG is 90 hours. (I never found out why, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth)
If you bid a long call reserve line of 40 hours (10 days), you do it, and get 75 hr MMG (normal)
If you took a furlough (I don't think it matters voluntary/involuntary) you get a long call reserve line with 75 hr pay check for 10 day of on call.
If you took a COLA, you can keep it with no pay, or transition to a long call line per above.

Me? I'm staying out on my COLA. I could use a month off anyway. I'll get some yardwork done, and my airline apps polished up for when things start moving again. Actually get to know my wife. Plus, why risk getting sick when I can afford not to go in. (And that's not counting stimuli monies. I may actually come out ahead on this thing! They said I could file for unemployment, maybe, too...)
That’s great news. Any reasoning as to the change?

Max Power

That’s great news. Any reasoning as to the change?
A stipulation to the CARES package from the government is not to reduce workforce or payroll until September as it stands at this moment. The company stated that they are not sure exactly how much the money is getting, but it will go directly to commutair and not to UA first. Or something like that.

I am remaining on COLA for April and will not file unemployment as it stands. The 90 hour was, as far as I can tell from the call, kind of a premium to those choosing to bid and receive "normal" lines of flying. I might be mistaken on that.

I took the tone of the call to be: " Well, you have a job for now and will get paid normal money. Those on COLA, if you want to stay out for now, go ahead. But look, we don't know what we're getting or how much from CARES and it still might not all work out." Be happy for now but cautious optimism if you will.

Also , we won't punish you if you can't get to work because flight schedules are so bizarre and subject to literal last minute cancellations. Try your best to get to work, but don't be a jerk about it.

Max Power

Missed the call, just going off the MEC blast mail. Was hoping someone would post a cliff notes of the call on fb or somesuch
The cliff notes version has been postponed, at least by those in an official capacity. Concerns for leaks and moles are driving that. The company did mention about keeping stuff of social media at the beginning of the call. Honestly, what we received from the MEC is more informative in my mind than the call.

Cruise

Well the Adolf meme is still more Adolf since Trump is actively attempting or at least paying lip service to us LEAVING other countries alone and letting them kill each other.

Not a great guy, but whoever is ready to pull the chord on the middle east and bring them home works for me.

Also, Biden is a little rapey isnt he? Yikes.
[/QUOTE]

He is definitely handsy and apparently rapey too. I'm no fan of Biden's and I hate whataboutisms...but if you're comparing Trump and Biden they're both rapey. Although considering the sheer number of allegations, I'd say Trump is the big loser of the handsy/rapey department.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
He is definitely handsy and apparently rapey too. I'm no fan of Biden's and I hate whataboutisms...but if you're comparing Trump and Biden they're both rapey. Although considering the sheer number of allegations, I'd say Trump is the big loser of the handsy/rapey department.
At some point if we go down that road then we need to figure out which allegations are true and which are made up.

Not too late to put Booty up there. Shake your booty 2020. Booty/yang

Hammertime

Yeah, I was gonna say something here but I’ll leave it up to you. There’s a fair amount of pseudo anonymity here compared to FB or anything else. I just don’t know if they wanted those numbers public or not.
HA! You don't know who I am!

Could I perhaps, IDK... Call you AL?

CoffeeIcePapers

Well-Hung Member
Well the Adolf meme is still more Adolf since Trump is actively attempting or at least paying lip service to us LEAVING other countries alone and letting them kill each other.

Not a great guy, but whoever is ready to pull the chord on the middle east and bring them home works for me.

Give him time. Every president discovers in their second term how much easier it is to get stuff done, and how much more presidential they look, when they focus overseas. There is a “rally round the flag” factor, plus our services never let the country down, so if deployed correctly, good news is assured. There is a reason in “1984” the country had been in a constant state of war. This is authoritarianism 1010. These regimes use this tactic often, it enables clampdowns and the stifling of dissent under the guise of self-preservation.

We can be thankful this guy is too stupid to recognize this and too arrogant to listen to anyone who might suggest it to him...truly a unique blend...
He's already getting a taste of what being a "war time" President means.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
I mean, since the country is clearly all on board Yang's policies suddenly. And he's not a giant raging piece of •. Ya, lets get that guy back.
Another convert to the #yanggang ! I'm here to convert or destroy you all.

Yakob

Grand Prognosticator Nominee
Not too late to put Booty up there. Shake your booty 2020. Booty/yang
Probably is at this point which is a shame as I think either of them would have been an excellent choice. Unfortunately I think the remaining Democratic candidates are some of the weakest out of the original field, especially Sanders. Biden at least Trump is obviously afraid to run against since they had to manufacture dirt on him with the Ukraine thing, but I think how long he's been in government will be a liability in the general election. As for the allegations I'll wait to see if there's any substance to them, but for now I'm skeptical.

I mean, since the country is clearly all on board Yang's policies suddenly. And he's not a giant raging piece of •. Ya, lets get that guy back.
It's a shame he didn't catch on more, one reason I liked him is he seemed to acknowledge that technological unemployment is going to be a major issue in the near future. I decided I liked other Klobuchar and Buttigieg more in late 2019, since Yang never was polling well and seemed to have difficulty escaping meme-candidate status, but maybe I should have stuck with him. I suppose it doesn't matter as my state's primary isn't until June anyway.