Commutable Medevac companies?

deadstick

None unless you are an area/floater pilot, but you’re usually pretty senior to get those positions.

gotWXdagain

Highly Visible Member
If you’re willing to be a float (not assigned to a base), Guardian will pay travel expenses (Provide a company car or rental as necessary, airline tickets) depending on where you live, as well as travel time. 2 on 2 off with a travel day on each end.

gotWXdagain

Highly Visible Member
Also, you’ll be put up in a crew house and provided a vehicle while you’re in base. If a house isn’t available you’ll be provided a hotel room.

SpiraMirabilis

Possible Subversive
Air Methods provides housing at many of the FW bases, but not all. It will be listed in the job vacancy if it provides housing. We have a vacancy in Carlsbad and Roswell NM which both provide housing. I believe we have a base in San Francisco, which doesn’t provide housing but the cost of living multiplier for that base is 1.5 so you’d start close to 100k/yr... which is kind of low middle class for that area LOL.

SpiraMirabilis

Possible Subversive
Air Methods also has vacancy for national relief pilots. Theoretically you could be home based I guess, but I imagine you’d do a lot of traveling. It would be a good option for those who didn’t want to move anywhere because wherever you went they’d put you in a hotel and give you per diem.