Commercial Pilot. No experience required!

Cal Goat

Prestige Worldwide™
Can someone direct me to the flying job that pays $67k and requires no experience or training? Sounds lovely! And boy do I feel like a doofus for getting that stupid degree...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-highest-paying-jobs-you-can-get-without-a-bachelor-s-degree.html

When the economy started to show troubling signs, many decided to skip college and join the workforce earlier.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 60 percent of U.S. workers don't have a bachelor's degree, but if you have an associate’s degree, a postsecondary non-degree award, or a high school diploma, you can still get a high-paying job.

The BLS provided a list of 80 high-paying occupations that don't require a college degree. The median annual wages listed include hourly, weekly, annual pay, sales commissions, and production bonuses. Overtime wages are not included in the data.
16. Commercial pilots

Median annual wage (May 2010): $67,500
Degree required: Postsecondary non-degree award
Projected job openings (Through 2020): 19,300
Work experience: None
Description: Fly and navigate airplanes or helicopters.
On-the-job training: None

Apophis

Resident Iconoclast
Haha, no on the job training or prior experience required? I must not be looking hard enough.

Acrofox

All fox
Look, nothing on yahoo is useful... Period!

They're just click•s -- it's all about the ad revenue.

The tech industry pays a lot better than most of those, anyway. ^.^ Companies like.. oh, say, yahoo!

~Fox

flyingbum

Needz Re-Edjamacayshun
What you think you need to learn how to fly a 70 passenger jet that goes over 4x faster than anything you've ever even looked at? Pshhhh.

Nah... Just some wet ink, a bad case of SJS and sign me up Capinn. :D

Jet

Can someone direct me to the flying job that pays $67k and requires no experience or training? Sounds lovely! And boy do I feel like a doofus for getting that stupid degree...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-highest-paying-jobs-you-can-get-without-a-bachelor-s-degree.html
67k is the median annual wage not median annual starting wage. I didn't have any work experience for my first job and it did average in the 60s but it obviously did require on the job training.

jskibo

Done
8. Nuclear power reactor operators

Median annual wage (May 2010): $75,650
Degree required: High school diploma
Projected job openings (Through 2020): 2,000
Description: Move control rods, start and stop equipment, monitor and adjust controls, and record data in logs.
On-the-job training: Long-term on-the-job training

WTF. No experience for this either?

Hello Homer!

Sol Rosenburg

Description: Move control rods, start and stop equipment, monitor and adjust controls, and record data in logs.

Hello Homer!
bust out the donuts, sign me up!

z987k

Hello Homer!
I know a couple of nuke operators. They both have nuclear engineering degrees. But most of the direct training is done by the company after you're hired.

FlyingScot

Spanish Proficient
z987k said:
I know a couple of nuke operators. They both have nuclear engineering degrees. But most of the direct training is done by the company after you're hired.
I trained one degreed nuc engineer towards his inst rating, I think Homer was smarter.