Club Furlough

Autothrust Blue

"Blakeley's face was grave."
Just to be clear though, the FAA only cares that there are enough qualified bodies in the seats for any given shift. How the company goes about getting to that number, via OT or Jr assignment, they don't concern themselves with that.
They're mighty hesitant on the pilot side to do anything that comes close to trifling with with "labor-management relations" there at the F-double-A, and I'm sure that isn't going to change anytime soon.

paincorp

They're mighty hesitant on the pilot side to do anything that comes close to trifling with with "labor-management relations" there at the F-double-A, and I'm sure that isn't going to change anytime soon.
Well your rest and yearly work limits are pretty set in stone. As of now they’re also required to have two of you in the cockpit. For dispatch the definition of “enough” is largely determined by the company.

Imagine what your schedule would look like without 117 and the requirement for two people in the cockpit. You know some company, somewhere, would start cutting corners.

Two pilots operate one flight at a time. A dispatcher is releasing and flight following double digits, all at the same time. When you divert, they could be dealing with multiple other diversions at the same time. That’s hard to maintain operational control during.

We all need a better definition from the FAA than “enough.”

TUCKnTRUCK

That guy
Sucky situation all around, I don’t have much to offer as I’m not in the 121 game anymore- but we may be looking for a contract pilot to staff some trips over the next few months - if anybody hits the street that’s somewhat recently current in the hawker, shoot me a DM and I’ll reach out when we start flying again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1TAPE

When flights take off and land without anyone watching them cuz a desk closed and the flights were never moved to the new desk cuz the receiving dispatcher was too busy dispatching/flight following 100+ flights to check if they got moved, then that's NOT enough. Does that help? LOL. That was an ASAP that got results within days.
That must have been an interesting ASAP to see. Imagine if any of those flights had emergencies and needed new burns to the nearest airport or something like that.