Chose FSI!!

Cav

Former Maddog Whisperer
After a recent visit I felt that FSI was definitely the place for me. I just paid my initial deposit. Can't wait! Hopefully I will be auditing the PPL ground school starting on May 5th. My question is, what are some thoughts on living arrangements. I thought I'd stay in the dorms until I meet some people and could get an apt. I definitely want to save some cash. Thoughts? Also, how long do you typically have from the time you finish the PPL ground school audit until you start the next phase?

pscraig

I liked living on campus, they have 3 bedroom apartments for $16 a night. It's very convenient, and is a good place to start. There are usually flyers posted for rooms or apartments that are a little less expensive, and most of the social life seems to revolve around where you live. Not much on campus.

After private audit you are scheduled for commercial ground school. I met my CFI and began Step 1a during the private audit. Note that there is no requirement to fly during any ground school. Getting a prop turn time of 0630 followed by an afternoon ground school is rough, so I didn't fly much during ground schools.

EatSleepFly

I'd recommend living off campus. I lived on campus for 4 months or so. It was OK, but after a while you start to go crazy in those tiny rooms...Besides, off campus works out to be the same price (plus or minus a little) and you actually have room to breathe.

chunk75

STAY AWAY FROM THE PINES OF VERO!

Congrats on your decision....you'll love it! Flying full time is a great way to live...

Chunk

Virusss

[ QUOTE ]
I'd recommend living off campus. I lived on campus for 4 months or so. It was OK, but after a while you start to go crazy in those tiny rooms...Besides, off campus works out to be the same price (plus or minus a little) and you actually have room to breathe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok tell me where you used to live? I tried to find a place and seem to have a bit of trouble any ideas?

Baronman

How Close is it to St. Lucie Aiport (aka Fort Pierce International? aka FPR aka home of Pan Am)?

Vero Beach Municipal is about 8 miles north of Fort Pierce, the two class D airspaces abutt each other. About 15 minutes in car. 5 minutes in a Cadet.

Snow

'Not a new member'
Yeah I'm going to live on campus. The idea of serviced rooms is a little too hard to resist Besides it will save me from having to buy furniture, a car and a whole lot of other expenses, all of which I would probably have to end up selling again anyhow.

Well I certainly hope there aren't many parties on campus! That was half my problem at college, no matter what day it was, there was a party going on somewhere! and more often than not, in my apartment! eek, not good for studying at all!