CFI Recruiting?

bucksmith

Did you lock the doors?
Could anybody in the University world advise on how to go about attempting to recruit new CFI's from different college programs?
Are folks typically ready to graduate college and pick up and move somewhere else for their first/better instructing job? (see my postings under "jobs" for the motivation to my question..)
Thanks for the help!

Max1594

I'm not a CFI yet, but as far as what I can tell at my program, most people are trying to stay and get a job instructing for the program. That being said theres only so many openings and not everyone gets it, best way to recruit would probably be to contact the advising office for the program or if it's big enough to have one, career services. Again at least at my college, when they know of open positions they send out an email to everyone with the details and where to apply.

bucksmith

Did you lock the doors?
I'm not a CFI yet, but as far as what I can tell at my program, most people are trying to stay and get a job instructing for the program. That being said theres only so many openings and not everyone gets it, best way to recruit would probably be to contact the advising office for the program or if it's big enough to have one, career services. Again at least at my college, when they know of open positions they send out an email to everyone with the details and where to apply.
gotcha, thank you...
Seems like a bit of a shortage of cfi's, I wouldn't worry too much about not getting a spot at your college, just worry about getting a job in a good market with lots of students (money)...