CFI License Renewal

cadbury

20170219_FAACFI_01frontiii.jpg

I have a query about CFI license renewal.

The date of issue is on July 06, 2016. May I know when is the date that I can start to do FIRC?

ahw01

the date of issue may not line up with the date of expiry - if you have a reissued certificate for e.g.

The regs allow your FIRC provider to count back 3 months from the expiry date.

Nihon_Ni

I have a query about CFI license renewal.

The date of issue is on July 06, 2016. May I know when is the date that I can start to do FIRC?
You can do a FIRC anytime while your certificate is valid and have it renew your certificate. If you do it within three months of your expiration date, it will renew with the same month of expiration, but if you do it sooner you'll get a new date.

hammerhat

What if I have 1 year 3 months remaining on my CFI certificate. Can I do online FIRC now, all but the last section. And then in a year click the final submit button. Am I going to get the original date? Asking for a friend.

A300Capt

With Gleim you can start it up to 24 months in advance of the expiration date? I just renewed using them and completed all modules except the last one in Jan. I waited until Feb to finish the last module and submit it to retain my original expiration date.

bike21

Stabilizer Motion
Off topic a bit, what is everyone's fav online course these days? Haven't had to do a FIRC for over a decade (no longer 121 captain) so wanted some good options. I don't care about it being the cheapest/fastest, I do like a good UI but also don't need to dive too deeply per se as I'm not planning to teach anytime soon.