1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cargo-dog luggage choices?

Discussion in 'Freight Pilots/"OOTSK"' started by jboynm, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Jordan93

Jordan93 Well-Known Member

I think it looks fine as long as you don't sling it over your back in uniform which I've seen a few people do. When I had my backpack I would just hook it to my suitcase.

2. Roger Roger

Roger Roger Navajo Whisperer

Other pilots are the only people who give a flying flip.
    High. School.

milleR likes this.
  3. Alchemy

Alchemy Well-Known Member

https://www.swissgear.com/swissgear-8869-17-rolling-tote-in-black

It's what most guys at my airline use. They have a 2-3 year lifespan if you don't check them too much. I carry an Alienware 13 (yeah yeah I'm an idiot for getting an alienware but it's been pretty good for the past 2 years). It's not going to fit a 17" laptop. I don't really know what would other than a full sized rollaboard. Anything bigger than this is going to get the stinkeye from airline gate agents unless you check your main bag (it barely fits under the seat on planes with those dadgum enteratainment boxes down there).

4. jspeed87

jspeed87 Well-Known Member

Could you pack 4 day's worth of clothing with this or is it just a laptop bag?

5. Alchemy

Alchemy Well-Known Member

You could easily fit a week's worth of underwear, socks, a pair of jeans and a shirt or two in it plus a laptop and ipad depending on how much other stuff you were trying to carry.

They carry them at target last I checked if you wanted to take a look - the bag kind of expands like an accordion when start putting things in it. It has 3 zipper sections - a large compartment, a medium, and a smaller half sized one on the back. The medium one fits my laptop, ipad, and an accordian file for receipts and other paperwork, 60% of the bag is still empty for other crap after that.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    jspeed87 likes this.
  6. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov He comes to save the day in a broken truck.

TL;DR Indeed! You're going to be gold on everything before you know it. Take your booze and bomb-making materials and check them. Then you get to calm the screw down and board last with a spring in your step. Take special relish in making the gate-lice all get up so you can get to your window seat. What is this, amateur hour?

7. A150K

A150K Well-Known Member