Caravan.....not even sure how this happened

Acrofox

All dragon~
On one hand, it's a 'van. You can do a stop and go on an aircraft carrier. On the other, shops like SeaPort's lower-48 operation (nil nisi bonum) they're big on a "stabilized approach criteria" that has them flying an air carrier final and touching down at Ludicrous Speed. I don't know anything about Moku ops, though. Given the fact that it's a 'van, I'm in the "something weird probably went wrong," 'cause I can't imagine putting a 208 into the weeds like that.

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”

KHON are saying that the airplane "slid off the runway and into a ditch," which is not particularly illuminating.

USMCmech

I can't imagine any scenario where a perfectly fine caravan would eat up all the runway and go off the end.
How about

"got distracted and never slowed down on the descent, crossed the threshold at about 140, floated about 4000' down the runway, and locked up the brakes and full reverse trying to get stopped."

I know a guy who came way too close to running off the end of the runway in a 208 in that exact scenario.

Everyone please do yourself a favor and go around if you're not on a stable approach. The laws of physics don't care that you think you're a salty freight dog.

Apophis

Resident Iconoclast
How about

"got distracted and never slowed down on the descent, crossed the threshold at about 140, floated about 4000' down the runway, and locked up the brakes and full reverse trying to get stopped."

I know a guy who came way too close to running off the end of the runway in a 208 in that exact scenario.

Everyone please do yourself a favor and go around if you're not on a stable approach. The laws of physics don't care that you think you're a salty freight dog.
At EWR in the Van we consistently do 160-165 to the threshold......still make the first high speed without touching beta or the brakes. Though this is out of necessity more than anything when flying there.

Cessnaflyer

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Hardly a qualifier. In a stiff headwind, the Dash could land on the numbers and make the bypass.
Yeah, we would usually have it stopped in 1700'. A caravan should easily do that as well which makes me think either mechanical or it went off the side.

Boots2Wings

At EWR in the Van we consistently do 160-165 to the threshold......still make the first high speed without touching beta or the brakes. Though this is out of necessity more than anything when flying there.
Since when can the van even go that fast? The controllers at slc can barely get them to go above 135 ‍Haha

Edited for a weird emoji that did not translate as expected