• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bye bye Cuba

matthew

You'd be surprised. My company flies literally all over the planet and I'm not sure I've ever met a more xenophobic group of people. Seeing the world one TGI Fridays at the time.
I have no doubt those people are out there but JC doesn't seem like a place where they'd even enjoy spending their time. My experience is that JC is a good place for open minded folks to have intelligent discussions.

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
And you feel that one's qualifications or abilities as a pilot somehow remotely has any bearing on said "thoughtful" discussion?

Or were you just going for snark?
I question entrusting the lives of anyone to someone with such little cognitive aptitude. Bus driver, doctor, pilot - doesn't matter.

But if a bit of snark communicates that illogical ramblings aren't welcomed here, well then so be it.

Cptnchia

Dissatisfied Customer
I question entrusting the lives of anyone to someone with such little cognitive aptitude. Bus driver, doctor, pilot - doesn't matter.

But if a bit of snark communicates that illogical ramblings aren't welcomed here, well then so be it.
Well, you're doing a wonderful job of policing the threads you deem important and protecting us from those you feel engage in illogical ramblings. Please keep up the good work. I hope you're getting paid handsomely to do a job nobody cares about.

matthew

Speaking of human rights, I ran into an interesting case I wasn't aware of of a US citizen being granted asylum in Canada ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/florida-sex-offender-granted-asylum-in-canada-1.2646061

Sentenced to 30 years for sleeping with a 16-year old boy, she fled to Canada and was granted asylum under grounds of cruel and unusual punishment as the act wouldn't have been a crime in Canada.
Haha, that's pretty crazy. Wonder where she got that idea from. Going from Florida to Saskatchewan in a way is like a prison sentence. At least in the winters.

Derg

Naval Intelligence, MCRN
Staff member
Haha, that's pretty crazy. Wonder where she got that idea from. Going from Florida to Saskatchewan in a way is like a prison sentence. At least in the winters.
Hell, July in rural Central Florida, which I absolutely loathe, is hell both culturally and meteorologicaly.

If my damned father in law didn't live there, you could nuke it from orbit and I wouldn't blink.

SeanD

Hell, July in rural Central Florida, which I absolutely loathe, is hell both culturally and meteorologicaly.

If my damned father in law didn't live there, you could nuke it from orbit and I wouldn't blink.
Its the Netherlands of America.

matthew

lol Go work for SpaceX when you retire. You'll have a launch pad right there.

Derg

Naval Intelligence, MCRN
Staff member
Turning Florida into atoll is the best idea I've ever heard... We could use the fill from the middle of the state to keep the coasts from disappearing...
You could run around "coal rolling" Summerfield, FL and all you'd hear is "WOOOOOOOO! MERKA!"