British Airways Pilot Strike

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
Very good friend of mine is there and he said it’s a pretty standard tactic to take away travel benefits.

Inverted

#inspirationing
Meanwhile in America, the RLA ties our hands and we almost never get fully released into a 30 day cool off. Even if we do, a PEB would stop a strike once they deem it "too big to fail stop service."

The regional I was at the contract was 1999-2005 and we worked under that contract all the way through 2011 with nothing even close to full retro, just a measly "bonus" for signing a new contract.
Well buckle up buckaroo, because if our management won’t play by the rules with HIMS and uniforms, we are in for one helluva ride :(

Joshwa

I lurk here much of the time having joined ages ago looking for training advice, just want to say thank you to all of you whose unions have offered messages of support and non rev concessions for those of us who lost them by going on strike.

Due to legal complications only crew actually reporting in London on the strike days were allowed to participate so a lot of guys in hotels downroute were supportive but had to follow instructions.

z987k

I lurk here much of the time having joined ages ago looking for training advice, just want to say thank you to all of you whose unions have offered messages of support and non rev concessions for those of us who lost them by going on strike.

Due to legal complications only crew actually reporting in London on the strike days were allowed to participate so a lot of guys in hotels downroute were supportive but had to follow instructions.
At least you guys can legally strike. In the US it's all but impossible.

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
They’ve inflicted all the damage of actually striking that day, without having to strike.