Bose introduces competitor to Clarity Aloft & QT Halo.

Inverted

Resignation in lieu of champ
Because that’s what I care about when choosing a headset. My Lightspeeds that I bought used finally died and they’re too old for lightspeed to repair, so I’ve been using the Bose shipsets at work. At this point you could paint the lightspeeds neon pink and have them look like a box on the outside and I’d wear them instead of the Bose.
So are you saying you don't care about looks at all, and somehow your busted old Lightspeeds perform better than the A20?

Maybe you don't care, but I do. I want a headset that looks as good as it performs and feels. Bose makes a headset about every 10 years, so we are stuck with this monstrosity for the better part of a decade and they are not ascetically pleasing, nor do they look all that comfortable.

Inverted

I'll let the early adopters spend the 1k, then pick up a used pair for 500. One thing about my CA's is long flights start to hurt my ears.
Have you spent much time adjusting them? I had to bend and twist and widen the band a bit. I ferried a very loud piston single using my CAs and once I had them dialed in I never felt them on my head, but yea out of the box, for my head, they needed adjusting for sure.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
So are you saying you don't care about looks at all, and somehow your busted old Lightspeeds perform better than the A20?

Maybe you don't care, but I do. I want a headset that looks as good as it performs and feels. Bose makes a headset about every 10 years, so we are stuck with this monstrosity for the better part of a decade and they are not ascetically pleasing, nor do they look all that comfortable.
Yes, if you care that much about how your headset looks, well, I think that’s kind of weird. Who exactly are you trying to impress? And for me, the Lightspeed is a far, far more comfortable headset than the A20. It fits my ears better and doesn’t make my scalp hurt after an hour.

Inverted

Yes, if you care that much about how your headset looks, well, I think that’s kind of weird. Who exactly are you trying to impress? And for me, the Lightspeed is a far, far more comfortable headset than the A20. It fits my ears better and doesn’t make my scalp hurt after an hour.
It has nothing to do with impressing anyone, we all buy things based on performance and ascetics, I am not sure why this is "weird" to you.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
It has nothing to do with impressing anyone, we all buy things based on performance and ascetics, I am not sure why this is "weird" to you.
I think it’s weird to discount a headset that you haven’t tried simply because it “looks dated”. And yes, I think it’s a little weird to have aesthetics as anything more than a tertiary factor after function and comfort in choosing a headset. Can’t have a “dated” look in those #instaaviation #selfies I guess.

Inverted

I think it’s weird to discount a headset that you haven’t tried simply because it “looks dated”. And yes, I think it’s a little weird to have aesthetics as anything more than a tertiary factor after function and comfort in choosing a headset. Can’t have a “dated” look in those #instaaviation #selfies I guess.
They don't LOOK comfortable, they LOOK cumbersome for an in ear option and they don't LOOK well designed. I might have taken 2-3 cockpit selfies in my life so that is the least of my concerns. I am just not going to drop a grand on something that doesn't LOOK like it will perform for me like my current headset.

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
I hope you think about me when the pains sets in.
Honestly it’s the ANR feature that intrigues me the most. That said, they only get uncomfortable after 8 hours, with 3/4 hour legs of survey flying, so moving to the airlines should help fix that.

Skåning

@Inverted is right - they look dorky, if they're in-ear, why have that awkward looking half clamp head squeeze part? Why not just the go under the ears and around the back of your head/neck

Neither would I, we have company Telex cheapos on every plane and take em off through FL180 - back on on the way down. I'd rather that than anything else...
Not me. Our speakers are useless and the cockpit is loud. Especially overseas I need the clarity of a good ANR headset to have any chance.

z987k

Because that’s what I care about when choosing a headset. My Lightspeeds that I bought used finally died and they’re too old for lightspeed to repair, so I’ve been using the Bose shipsets at work. At this point you could paint the lightspeeds neon pink and have them look like a box on the outside and I’d wear them instead of the Bose.
They might be out of warranty but they'll give you the full $400 I think it is on an old set of zulus towards the 3.