Boarding DL flight without ticket...

NickH

Dank Meme
There must be more to this story meh thinks.

Based on the story, I assume she had both ID and boarding pass, possibly even for that flight, but just wasn't cooperating because she didn't want her middle seat in the back....

Richman

Based on the story, I assume she had both ID and boarding pass, possibly even for that flight, but just wasn't cooperating because she didn't want her middle seat in the back....
I've actually seen this tried before, so clearly someone has published somewhere on the internet as a "life hack."

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
I've actually seen this tried before, so clearly someone has published somewhere on the internet as a "life hack."
Truth.

Reminds me of the “Ground Zero Upgrade” when after the airways opened again, you’d be flying MIA-JFK and there were people in new FDNY t-shirts that talked about working at ground zero, a few days after 9/11.... With full tans... Going TO NYC, asking about upgrades.

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
How many times have you guys seen gate agents go on board to verify if a pax boarded?

Someone going to MFR and I guess paying no attention what-so-ever to any of her surroundings(despite being Star Alliance Gold) slipped by me once and got on a plane going to YYC, the scanner was down and I was just madly typing in the seat numbers to board the full flight. It was a full CRJ-700, you'd figure if someone had the wrong pass, there would be a headcount or seat issue. About an hour later, someone in that same seat shows up and says they've missed their flight to YYC. "Wait....". It happens.

Also, though it seems to be changing with the Real ID rule, you don't NEED ID to get through TSA. They tell you that, and some smurf's don't know the deal, but it's not true. The procedure is without it, you're quad S. And you may get extra screening at the gate. But you'll get through with a valid boarding pass. People lose their IDs abroad all the time.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Truth.

Reminds me of the “Ground Zero Upgrade” when after the airways opened again, you’d be flying MIA-JFK and there were people in new FDNY t-shirts that talked about working at ground zero, a few days after 9/11.... With full tans... Going TO NYC, asking about upgrades.
This really happened?

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Lots.

Every large scale event has people trying to pose as if they were part of it for cash and prizes.

Nark

Sheepdog
A local police officer passed away in the line of duty earlier this year. Shortly afterward my wife gets a phone call from some "charity" organization asking for a donation to a police fund.
She's not dumb, and hands the phone to me.
I asked him the name of the fallen officer, he stutters and can't.

I proceed to go full 120% on him, until he hangs up the phone.
Cockroaches come out of the woodwork during these events.