Best Route to Iran

NickH

Dank Meme
I still remember my dad telling me later in life that back then he had three options to leave our home country and work as a doctor in: Saudi Arabia, the UK, or the US. I'm glad we chose the US. There's no way I could have been an airline pilot in the other two*

*For UK, medical reason).
For UK, financial reasons... If you don't know Jules at the flying club, you're basically screwed...

DesertNomad

I'm American and have been to Iran twice. The first time I entered overland form Turkmenistan and the second I flew into Mashhad from Doha on QR. From SFO I'd probably just book EK the whole way. You'll need a visa that will take about 45 days to arrange last time I checked. Any Iran-based travel agency can handle it.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
He has a honorary doctorate in making all our lives look boring. I'm pretty sure any day of Mike's life is more interesting than the entire 36 years of mine combined :)
Seriously, I’ll be feeling all good about myself cause I was productive and finally put the Christmas decorations back in the basement before the end of February and in that same time frame Mike got 4 new type ratings, saved 6 peoples lives, wrote a thesis, and did another short tour.

A300Capt

Freight Dawg
Seriously, I’ll be feeling all good about myself cause I was productive and finally put the Christmas decorations back in the basement before the end of February and in that same time frame Mike got 4 new type ratings, saved 6 peoples lives, wrote a thesis, and did another short tour.

///AMG

I'm pretty sure we have determined that he is simultaneously catching cartel members at gunpoint on foot, chasing them at 10' AGL in a helo on goggles at night, logging all kinds of wacky hours in a 737-100 with clam shell reversers, speaking farsi to hot Iranian club girls, and most likely advising the senior government leadership about how to not be a • and just wake up and do whatever you think sounds exciting. Oh yeah, he is also part of an ARFF team most likely fighting a JET-A fueled blaze at an airport near you., and possibly also in an F-117 right now, labeling his 8mm tape for posterity.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
I'm pretty sure we have determined that he is simultaneously catching cartel members at gunpoint on foot, chasing them at 10' AGL in a helo on goggles at night, logging all kinds of wacky hours in a 737-100 with clam shell reversers, speaking farsi to hot Iranian club girls, and most likely advising the senior government leadership about how to not be a • and just wake up and do whatever you think sounds exciting. Oh yeah, he is also part of an ARFF team most likely fighting a JET-A fueled blaze at an airport near you., and possibly also in an F-117 right now, labeling his 8mm tape for posterity.
You left out commuting between all of the above in a K-5 Blazer.