Best movie pilot of all time

A-9er

I liked Jesse Bishop in Twelve O'clock High; that's a classic movie! Another good movie pilot was Dutch Holland in Strategic Air Command. What can I say? I like Jimmy Stewart; he was a pilot during WWII too. If you want to see B-36s and B-47s, you MUST see SAC!

deadstick

DS,

I like Frank Murphy and Pappy-good choices! I liked Frank Murphy's laconic demeanor. Remember what he said F.E. stood for?

Oh yes...JAFO, too.

Some others off the top of my head—

Bruce Crandall

937069E9-2E79-4A47-8A71-FBD258BD73D0.jpeg

Ed “Too Tall” Freeman (he’s the one on the right)

39AB04BA-C6C5-4A51-ADB0-654436C87806.jpeg

And back in fantasy land, how about Jake Cutter?

F85717E1-7C20-43B3-8D06-E978313101E7.jpeg

I am disappointed that inflatable Auto Pilot from Airplane! did not make this list. I think he should definitely be ranked...after all, he did keep the plane flying after the regular crew got ill for most of the film...at least when he wasn't deflating. :)

https://theringer.com/who-is-the-best-fictional-pilot-of-all-time-3dc9863fbc34#.xd7mhpdw4

WTF, over?

"Air America" wasn't even on the list?? Nor "Dr. Strangelove"??
I know some folks have issues with Mel Gibson, but really??

And speaking of Mel Gibson, best movie pilot might go to jaded Jedidiah flying the PL-12 in Mad Max. Is there an Oscar for Best Post-Apocalypse OOTSK??

ppragman

Direct Yeska
WTF, over?

"Air America" wasn't even on the list?? Nor "Dr. Strangelove"??
I know some folks have issues with Mel Gibson, but really??

And speaking of Mel Gibson, best movie pilot might go to jaded Jedidiah flying the PL-12 in Mad Max. Is there an Oscar for Best Post-Apocalypse OOTSK??
That dude in Air America crashed like multiple times - no points.

A1TAPE

Id have to say Denzel in Flight. Although the movie made his copilot out to be a guy who probably just got onto LOFT and was freaking out about the whole emergency instead of taking it calmly like Denzel did.