Best movie pilot of all time

Delta Echo

I am disappointed that inflatable Auto Pilot from Airplane! did not make this list. I think he should definitely be ranked...after all, he did keep the plane flying after the regular crew got ill for most of the film...at least when he wasn't deflating. :)

https://theringer.com/who-is-the-best-fictional-pilot-of-all-time-3dc9863fbc34#.xd7mhpdw4

Dean Martin from Airport and Kurt Russell from Executive Decision didn't make it either. Come to think of it Peter Graves CA. Ovuor wasn't on the list either.

Well, to be fair, if you haven't seen it on the big screen, you haven't seen it. My heart aches for those lost souls who will never know the joy of being 9 years old and watching the greatest movie ever made (or ever will be made) on a 50 foot screen.
True. The opening scene with the star destroyer going overhead on a big screen was probably the coolest thing that my young eyes had ever seen. I've seen a few cooler things since then.......

Cazadores

Were talking about a man, who, in one career went from TWA mechanic, Columbia Airlines VP of Ops, to Concorde Captain who out flew a F4 and multiple AIM9s, back to maintenance at ConWest, who knows what other bullet points are found on his aviation resume.

MAK49

As bad as people think the movie Flight was (I didn't think it was bad, but I'm biased being a Denzel fan), the crash scene is partially based on real events.

The plane, while not an actual aircraft, is based on the design of the MD-80. They used some elements of the crash of Alaska Airlines Flight 261 for the movie: the cause of the accident (threads on the jackscrew in the horizontal stabilizer were worn down excessively due to improper maintenance, which eventually failed during flight), segments of the radio communications, and the decision to roll the aircraft (the Alaska Airlines pilots were attempting to regain control of the aircraft after diving several thousand feet). Unlike the movie though, everyone on the Alaska flight were killed.

Vyse

BirchJet CA
Adding a few nominees from older movies at least for the Top 50 list:

Lt. Col. Andy Tanner from Red Dawn ("It was five to one, I got four")

Having just seen this movie, Lt. Jesse Bishop from "Twelve O' Clock High" (what he did was based on an actual Medal of Honor citation)

Also the unnamed Looking Glass pilot from "By Dawn's Early Light"

BEEF SUPREME

As bad as people think the movie Flight was (I didn't think it was bad, but I'm biased being a Denzel fan), the crash scene is partially based on real events.

The plane, while not an actual aircraft, is based on the design of the MD-80. They used some elements of the crash of Alaska Airlines Flight 261 for the movie: the cause of the accident (threads on the jackscrew in the horizontal stabilizer were worn down excessively due to improper maintenance, which eventually failed during flight), segments of the radio communications, and the decision to roll the aircraft (the Alaska Airlines pilots were attempting to regain control of the aircraft after diving several thousand feet). Unlike the movie though, everyone on the Alaska flight were killed.
Not the decision to continue from the departure airport tho....

The 261 thing didn't start in cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk