Best movie pilot of all time

manniax

Well-met in the Ka-tet
What?!? Denzel Washington was the best pilot? That movie was horrible and even the inflatable pilot in Airplane was more believable! I say this list is rigged!! ;)
It didn't strike me as a serious list. :) Anyhow, Han Solo will always be #1 in my book.

As far as Flight goes, I agree the movie sucked. SO unbelievable. I have never been so looking forward to a movie after seeing the trailer and been so disappointed in the final result. (Although the Matrix Reloaded was a close second.) However, the special effects for the plane crash in Flight (while unbelievable) were very cool.

Last edited:

Avgirl

It didn't strike me as a serious list. :) Anyhow, Han Solo will always be #1 in my book.

As far as Flight goes, I agree the movie sucked. SO unbelievable. I have never been so looking forward to a movie after the preview and been disappointed in the final result. Although the special effects for the plane crash (while unbelievable) were very cool.
I only watched it because some of it was filmed at one of my hotels. I think it took me three tries to get through the entire movie. I have never seen Star Wars, so I will just have to take your word for it that Han Solo is the best. He is a pilot in real life, so I'll vote for Harrison Ford. :D

Flying Saluki

As far as Flight goes, I agree the movie sucked. SO unbelievable. I have never been so looking forward to a movie after the preview and been disappointed in the final result. Although the special effects for the plane crash (while unbelievable) were very cool.
I unliked this just so I could like it again. Han Solo is the man!

ppragman

Direct Yeska

As far as Flight goes, I agree the movie sucked. SO unbelievable. I have never been so looking forward to a movie after seeing the trailer and been so disappointed in the final result. (Although the Matrix Reloaded movie was a close second.) However, the special effects for the plane crash in Flight (while unbelievable) were very cool.

I hate when people crap on flight. That movie isn't really about aviation at all.

McCrosky

Flight lost me after the first scene in the hotel room. That was the best part.

By far, the best movie pilot was John Wayne in "The High and the Mighty". Best example of CRM use ever

Avgirl

Never.......seen......Star Wars????????? o_O
It's true. Not on the list of parental approved movies when I was younger. Of course I have seen bits and pieces that people refer to, and had to study up on some things when actors stayed at hotels, but no more than 15 minutes. I've tried, but it makes me sleepy. I do remember the Ewok movie which apparently, others wish to forget ever existed. I just got through Star Trek, both the movies and television series a couple years ago.

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
It's true. Not on the list of parental approved movies when I was younger. Of course I have seen bits and pieces that people refer to, and had to study up on some things when actors stayed at hotels, but no more than 15 minutes. I've tried, but it makes me sleepy. I do remember the Ewok movie which apparently, others wish to forget ever existed. I just got through Star Trek, both the movies and television series a couple years ago.
Whaddya mean BOTH Star Trek movies?

Go back and watch the original "Star Trek: The Motion Picture." That movie ages amazingly well.

There are 5 or 6 more, but you can stop after Search For Spock.

Avgirl

Whaddya mean BOTH Star Trek movies?

Go back and watch the original "Star Trek: The Motion Picture." That movie ages amazingly well.

There are 5 or 6 more, but you can stop after Search For Spock.
I did watch everything. I was fully committed to it for at least a month, and my biggest Star Trek fan friends gave me assignments. Initially, sarcasm got me through it, then it actually grew on me. Maybe not to watch again. But, it was interesting and a little similar to a soap opera at times.