• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Be a Champ - Win a Champ

hook_dupin

JCers-

Win a Champ! $50/ticket or $125 for three tickets. Only 4,000 tickets total, so odds are good. It's a 1946 LSA 7AC Champ that I haven't flown much in recent years due to military moves. I finally found a better purpose for it.
Get raffle tickets here.

Some friends and I created a non-profit, Vets to Jets, to fund flight training grants for veterans and enlisted folks. A JCer even helped with the web-page. The idea is that vets/enlisted have to either make life-changing decisions or pay some high hurdle costs to get into flight training (Post 9/11 GI Bill does not fund private pilot unless at an institute for higher learning).

Vets to Jets is a 501(c)3 organization.

Please pass this on to folks you think would be interested.

Upon completion of the raffle, Dupin Air Services, LLC will sell Aeronca 7AC N1060E to Vets to Jets. Vets to Jets Inc will then award the aircraft as a prize.
How much is vets for jets paying for the Champ? Not saying I won't donate, I just like to know how much is going to a charity first. If it is well below market, I like the creative way to multiply donations.

hook_dupin

How much is vets for jets paying for the Champ? Not saying I won't donate, I just like to know how much is going to a charity first. If it is well below market, I like the creative way to multiply donations.
We've agreed that $16K is fair. The hope is that the raffle will pull in ~$200K in revenue (4000 tickets x $50), pay back the owner of the aircraft, and have a large pile for a cause we care about.

The broader idea is that selling aircraft (especially those below $40K) is a real ass-pain. You digitize logs, post ads, answer obscure questions, host pre-buy A&Ps, and then negotiate a contract. I've sold $40K trucks on a Saturday afternoon but it could easily take a year to sell an aircraft of the same value. We seek to ease that pain for sellers and use it to fund a good cause. Now go buy your ticket.

We've agreed that $16K is fair. The hope is that the raffle will pull in ~$200K in revenue (4000 tickets x $50), pay back the owner of the aircraft, and have a large pile for a cause we care about.

The broader idea is that selling aircraft (especially those below $40K) is a real ass-pain. You digitize logs, post ads, answer obscure questions, host pre-buy A&Ps, and then negotiate a contract. I've sold $40K trucks on a Saturday afternoon but it could easily take a year to sell an aircraft of the same value. We seek to ease that pain for sellers and use it to fund a good cause. Now go buy your ticket.
Location.

A $16k airworthy champ would sell in 30 seconds where I live. 5 seconds if you put 8.50's or bigger on it.

bucksmith

Did you lock the doors?
JCers-

Win a Champ! $50/ticket or $125 for three tickets. Only 4,000 tickets total, so odds are good. It's a 1946 LSA 7AC Champ that I haven't flown much in recent years due to military moves. I finally found a better purpose for it.
Get raffle tickets here.

Some friends and I created a non-profit, Vets to Jets, to fund flight training grants for veterans and enlisted folks. A JCer even helped with the web-page. The idea is that vets/enlisted have to either make life-changing decisions or pay some high hurdle costs to get into flight training (Post 9/11 GI Bill does not fund private pilot unless at an institute for higher learning).

Vets to Jets is a 501(c)3 organization.

Please pass this on to folks you think would be interested.
This model is genius. I've known so many people that want to jump off a bridge after trying to sell an airplane worth less than your Dodge. (Just guessing)
Is there anything I can do to help?

hook_dupin

This model is genius. I've known so many people that want to jump off a bridge after trying to sell an airplane worth less than your Dodge. (Just guessing)
Is there anything I can do to help?
I'm a Chevy guy.

Regardless... biggest help I need is for you to pass the word on. Pass it on to all your pilot bros and post about it on Facebook.

Thanks!