B6 Hiring Dispatchers

cptruski

How far was $34 an hour get you in NYC?
Living alone and in Manhattan or the immediate outer borough neighborhoods? Doable, but not ideal. Most (I'd say perhaps 97% of us) live either in Long Island, New Jersey, or in more affordable neighborhoods in NYC that the brand new transplants from out of town haven't even heard of. If you limit yourself to Manhattan, Williamsburg, Astoria, then you'll be dishing out one paycheck just for rent.

PM me for more details/advice if you'd like.

delavega

How far was $34 an hour get you in NYC?
After your check deducted in state federal and city taxes it doesn't leave you in the most comfortable spot.

Rent in the nearby area is around $1800 - $2400 for a one bedroom for like 750 sqft. Convenience is a major factor in those prices. However it's manageable when you have minimal expenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doolittle

Question about pay - the spreadsheet has $71k first year pay ($34.66/hr) but that is calculated on a traditional 2080 hour year work schedule. It looks like they rotate 4-3-4-4 which would be a lot less than 2080 hours annually. So I’m assuming first year pay is somewhere in the mid 60s? Unless they’re salaried for working an average of 40 hours every week of the year even when they don’t.

thewaffles

Question about pay - the spreadsheet has $71k first year pay ($34.66/hr) but that is calculated on a traditional 2080 hour year work schedule. It looks like they rotate 4-3-4-4 which would be a lot less than 2080 hours annually. So I’m assuming first year pay is somewhere in the mid 60s? Unless they’re salaried for working an average of 40 hours every week of the year even when they don’t.
It's salary plus overtime, so you're paid for 1944. The $34.66 doesn't include license pay as well.