B 737 .. Very Late 90 Degree Right Turn Ending At Runway Threshold

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]

Hamburg International Boeing 737 ..... Now that's one heck of a turn from base on to Final Approach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks pretty tame to me for a final turn, maybe 40 degrees? Not that the pax would particularly agree with me.

ISUCollegePilot

The posting on airliners.net said it was a 90 degree turn, I found that hard to believe. I would have to agree with your 40 degree figure.

JDMcFly

Jeez, you do know that on the airliners picture pages theres something that gives you the correct URL to post

IrishSheepdog

Sitting in the median
I went to Airliners.net and looked at the pic... checked out the EFIS displays. The ADI is showing about 33-35 degrees of bank.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
That's a pretty "generous" amount of bank for a transport category aircraft.

Usually anything over about 30 degrees of bank starts bringing down the "PLI" - pitch limit indicator.

If an MD-90 had to dogfight a 150 Aerobat, game over man!

I_Money

[ QUOTE ]
If an MD-90 had to dogfight a 150 Aerobat, game over man!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you have flown into SNA before!!

Now if you did not create so much bloody wake turbulance we could do circles around the competition!

davetheflyer

[ QUOTE ]
Usually anything over about 30 degrees of bank starts bringing down the "PLI" - pitch limit indicator.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't the excessive bank bring up a Bank Limit Indicator instead of Pitch? We get an aural warning for excessive bank or pitch depending on the situation.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity, wouldn't the excessive bank bring up a Bank Limit Indicator instead of Pitch? We get an aural warning for excessive bank or pitch depending on the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bank Limit Indicator? Pitch Limit Indicator? What a foul!!!!

Pitch/bank should never be limited.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Yeah, but Daftarian, compare your thrust:weight ratio of the A-10 to the thrust:weight ratio of an MD-88!