Atlas/Polar hiring

Dart_8992

I know a few pilots there, but don't know anything about the dispatch side. Does anyone have insight into starting pay, scale, and benefits? CVG certainly looks nice.
Starting pay is about $60,000 a year. The schedule is 5 on 3 off 8.5 hour shifts. As far as benefits go, I know they have a 401k match, just not sure exactly what the match is. I've heard in the past it's 50% up to 10%.

Did any of you guys get hired? I just flew CVG-ICN yesterday. Riding along was a new dispatcher out for his first familiarization ride. Seemed like a nice dude.

Dart_8992

How's the Southern Air Merger going? Doesnt southern have about 10 dispatchers? Are they planning to merge the two groups together still?

Seems like the more Atlas hires, the less they will need from Southern, or are they actually expecting that much growth?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
Southern is actually growing. They are adding one 777. They don't need as many bodies tho since they switched to the Atlas schedule (5 on 3 off). Waiting on the Southern pilots to vote on an LOA to join the Atlas contract, if that happens the merger will be January 1st. Otherwise, the plan is to cross train dispatch across all 3 airlines at some point.

JulieFox

Quick question. Looking at the careers page for Atlas, I see a dispatcher position open in Kentucky and some other crew scheduling spots open in New York. Is it just KY that gets all the dx hires or NY as well? (Apologies if this question was answered somewhere before.)

Dart_8992

Quick question. Looking at the careers page for Atlas, I see a dispatcher position open in Kentucky and some other crew scheduling spots open in New York. Is it just KY that gets all the dx hires or NY as well? (Apologies if this question was answered somewhere before.)
My understanding is that the DX office is located in NKY and so all DX position will be hired on there.

z987k

Southern is actually growing. They are adding one 777. They don't need as many bodies tho since they switched to the Atlas schedule (5 on 3 off). Waiting on the Southern pilots to vote on an LOA to join the Atlas contract, if that happens the merger will be January 1st. Otherwise, the plan is to cross train dispatch across all 3 airlines at some point.
Not sure where you got that info but the certificates won't be combined until there is a jcba. 2020.. maybe 2022.

who'swho

Not sure where you got that info but the certificates won't be combined until there is a jcba. 2020.. maybe 2022.
A JCBA is not a requirement for certificates to be merged but, if the Southern pilots vote in the LOA to join the Atlas contract it's my understanding the company will go forward with the merger at that point. Regardless, the plan is to crosstrain dispatch for all 3 carriers.

who'swho

Dispatch is 100% in KY and scheduling is in the process of being put in KY as well.

z987k

A JCBA is not a requirement for certificates to be merged but, if the Southern pilots vote in the LOA to join the Atlas contract it's my understanding the company will go forward with the merger at that point. Regardless, the plan is to crosstrain dispatch for all 3 carriers.
I cannot tell you how much I hope you're right(that the company will "merge" the certificates, but I don't think the company is that dumb.
They'll wait for the JCBA, they're really not interested in a strike.

AGL

I just saw the posting looking for 1 position open only and I figured it was the dispatcher that was mentioned above.

Any idea how this is going to work? Different days, different airlines? 3 comp checks, 3 annual recurrent classes, 3 sets of policies and procedures?
I’m just a pilot and have very little insight into your guys side of the business, but we fly two out of the three certificates right now. They just made all the procedures the same no matter who you’re flying for.