Atlas NTSB 3/12 investigative update

milleR

I bought an Arc’teryx soft shell in high school
That was still going strong 13 years later. It’s pricey no doubt, but lasts forever (and if it doesn’t, send it back).
I actually have a bunch of their gear from back in the day (15-20 years ago) when I worked in outdoor retail and got that sweet, sweet pro-deal. The stuff truly is indestructible, but holy smokes have the prices gotten out of hand.

Cherokee_Cruiser

The virgin eskimo gave employees $100 to the company store, so we all bought these

I bought an airplane model with mine, Skymark Supreme A321 in Eskimo AS colors 1/100th scale. I can't believe guys are using their free $100 to buy company uniform pieces. No thanks, that's something they should provide for.

Last edited:

Cherokee_Cruiser

?
I mean, they literally are...
I changed it to "provide for."

That money shouldn't be used to buy uniform pieces. Sets the wrong precedent IMO. Remember, we "won" those $100 for winning the travel leisure award. For over a decade we got 2 roundtrip positive space passes for winning that. This past year it changed to a $100 gift certificate for the company store. That's like an added injury, and using it to buy company uniform pieces is just adding salt to it.

NickH

Dank Meme
Remember, we "won" those $100 for winning the travel leisure award. For over a decade we got 2 roundtrip positive space passes for winning that. This past year it changed to a $100 gift certificate for the company store. That's like an added injury, and using it to buy company uniform pieces is just adding salt to it.
OK, that does change it, this is entirely different from 'here's your yearly uniform discretionary spend'!

deadstick

Just to back you up on this, in Euroland, they wear vests all the freaking time. I think this was Germany, and the entire crew was walking to the plane or bus, not sure which, with vests on. I've always found it hilarious! They're serious about the vests!

Edit: Spain, not Germany. I forgot I hadn't been to Germany this rotation until after this photo. I bet they flew for Lufthansa though. :D
Aren’t they all the rage in France?

You should try walking on the flight line at an AFB without a reflective belt. Even in the desert. No quicker way to get a First Shirt or other senior enlisted with nothing better to do up your ass.
Forget the Power Ranger belt...you see all these civvies walking around strapped...I KID YOU NOT one was wearing yoga pants with a drop-leg holster. :aghast: I think to myself that some of these contractors have an interesting dress code. Then I found out they were all off-duty USAF.

Arizona is full of those types.
Some people out here took “The Postman” far too seriously
“Water World with Horses.”

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
I wore the vest for years, as required, internationally, I think some guys are just big babies about it. I think we could use a little more ICAO standards stateside. An unpopular opinion of course.

My favorite is when going international all the ground personnel are sporting the vest for safety but then the fuel truck is so busted that you’d be better off with a donkey on a treadmill to run the pump...

Some places in the Caribbean use rocks instead of chocks....

One place I went to had a 4 x 4 piece of lumber wedged under the fuel hose coming from the trailer because the angle was too steep and that fitting would leak if not supported. I might have a picture somewhere of that one.

Safety first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
My favorite is when going international all the ground personnel are sporting the vest for safety but then the fuel truck is so busted that you’d be better off with a donkey on a treadmill to run the pump...

Some places in the Caribbean use rocks instead of chocks....

One place I went to had a 4 x 4 piece of lumber wedged under the fuel hose coming from the trailer because the angle was too steep and that fitting would leak if not supported. I might have a picture somewhere of that one.

Safety first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coffee first. Safety’s like third on a good day.