Atlas NTSB 3/12 investigative update

Stone Cold

We have to wear high visibility vests on exterior inspections (always had to international) and a lot of my coworkers acted like you asked for a bite of their chocolate cake.
Just to back you up on this, in Euroland, they wear vests all the freaking time. I think this was Germany, and the entire crew was walking to the plane or bus, not sure which, with vests on. I've always found it hilarious! They're serious about the vests!

Edit: Spain, not Germany. I forgot I hadn't been to Germany this rotation until after this photo. I bet they flew for Lufthansa though. :D

Last edited:

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Just to back you up on this, in Euroland, they wear vests all the freaking time. I think this was Germany, and the entire crew was walking to the plane or bus, not sure which, with vests on. I've always found it hilarious! They're serious about the vests!

View attachment 47526
You should try walking on the flight line at an AFB without a reflective belt. Even in the desert. No quicker way to get a First Shirt or other senior enlisted with nothing better to do up your ass.

Stone Cold

You should try walking on the flight line at an AFB without a reflective belt. Even in the desert. No quicker way to get a First Shirt or other senior enlisted with nothing better to do up your ass.
Yep, I've seen the memes. :D

This crew was actually walking on a sidewalk there going to either the bus or plane...I didn't pay attention because I didn't care. :cool: There was a sidewalk there, though, because we had walked on it to the bus.

The discernible poser rocks Arc'teryx :stir:
I bought an Arc’teryx soft shell in high school
That was still going strong 13 years later. It’s pricey no doubt, but lasts forever (and if it doesn’t, send it back).
I had some whack job captain ask “Well, what are you going to do after an EMP?” when he asked what type of car I drive.

“Your dodge truck magic?”
Fat tire bike gangs will take over. Oh wait, that’s modern day ANC.