Atlas Hiring 1/13/20

METARd

Which companies hire 'newbies'?
What are we talking about here? Not sure what you mean by “newbies”. All majors hire externally. Delta less so, but even they were in the process of hiring externally before the mess we’re currently in began.

METARd

Majors hiring externally/internally and ‘newbies’ are 2 different things, maybe I’m misunderstanding your original statement.

DispatchDan

Seems to me, pretty much all majors prefer to hire from within. Which pretty much sucks.
Which companies hire 'newbies'?
Either you’re confused or you completely confused me.
Majors hire externals that are not “newbies” and internals that are “newbies”... Both have their “goods” and “bads” but a good mix of both seems like a good thing.

757Geek

External Newbie: One that just received their license and therefore has no experience. Highly unlikely they will get looked at anybody higher then a regional.

Internal Newbie: One that just received their license and therefore has no experience but works for the airline. Gets hired all the time at majors because they are internal.

Newbie at the major airline: Has experience but is new to the major airline. So long as they have experience majors will hire them all the time.

paincorp

Yeah internals get passed over all the time. I know many that have been trying, that are great people and don’t get hired, so let’s not pretend that internals are better.

LX015

External Newbie: One that just received their license and therefore has no experience. Highly unlikely they will get looked at anybody higher then a regional.

Internal Newbie: One that just received their license and therefore has no experience but works for the airline. Gets hired all the time at majors because they are internal.

Newbie at the major airline: Has experience but is new to the major airline. So long as they have experience majors will hire them all the time.
Thank you for making it quite clear. I should have taken the time to be more precise.

QXSOUP

Seems to me, pretty much all majors prefer to hire from within. Which pretty much sucks.
Not really true at all for 5Y. 99% of the people are external. The internals have (except for ONE person) been dispatchers in the past. Several have years of experience.

If the ink on your license is still wet this is NOT the place to be. We do things "different" here.

A1TAPE

Not really true at all for 5Y. 99% of the people are external. The internals have (except for ONE person) been dispatchers in the past. Several have years of experience.

If the ink on your license is still wet this is NOT the place to be. We do things "different" here.
Define different? IIRC you guys are 121 supplemental right?