1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AT-SA exam

Discussion in 'Air Traffic Control' started by SHELLYJ, Nov 1, 2016.

1. SHELLYJ

SHELLYJ New Member

Are there any study guides for this exam? I have aviation experience in flight operations not in Air traffic control. I saw the announcement for the trainee position and i thought why not so applied and i fell into pool 1. Received a call to schedule the test i guess im going in the right direction. Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated

2. NovemberEcho

NovemberEcho Well-Known Member

I believe it's an all new test this time around but regardless it's an aptitude test not a knowledge test so there's not really a way to study for it.

BWER likes this.
  3. BWER

BWER Well-Known Member

I cringe at all the threads about how to study for the atsat and now atsa. If your apt to do this job it will show, otherwise this job is not for everyone.

I'm tired of having to work around those that probably shouldn't be in this job.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ChasenSFO and ajmezz like this.
  4. ChasenSFO

ChasenSFO hen teaser

To bump up this thread, after 5 years of rejection, I finally got invited to take the AT-SA! Seems to be rather limited info online since the test is new, but obviously I'd like to give myself whatever advantage I can on the few parts that one may be able to prepare for. Any info is greatly appreciated, the one guy I know in person who took it was a sharp guy with an ATC degree and did not do very well. A little worrisome but I am aware that all one may do is their best. Good luck to anyone else who got the offer for the test, mine is on October 12th.

5. NovemberEcho

ATC degree means jack, either for the test or the ability to do the job. ATSA is an aptitude test, not a knowledge test. With that said, I know there are some ATSA practice things you can do so you have a better understanding of what they're expecting on the test or how to do the problems. I don't know any off hand since I didn't have to do it, but stuckmic.com or pointsixtyfive.com can point you in the right direction

ChasenSFO likes this.
  6. NovemberEcho

7. cmac88

cmac88 Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest pointsixtyfive.com, it's much better for good information then stuckmic

ChasenSFO likes this.
  8. nabbyfan

nabbyfan Well-Known Member

Hey, congrats man! Glad you're finally getting a shot, you deserve it.

I never took the ATSA but a few guys in my facility did and said there's basically no way to study for it. It's an aptitude test and the best thing you can do is show up well rested and in a good relaxed state of mind. The study guides or whatever they have on point sixty five should help a little, but I don't really think there's anything you can do to fully prepare for it.

ChasenSFO likes this.