AT-SA exam gouge(what to expect/how to prepare)

inigo88

Composite-lover
I have a buddy from CTI who went through the ATSA and then medical/security process in Early 2017, and he's still waiting on his Class Date. The backlog is insane right now.

Meanwhile, 6 days a week every week at the Center. My area has less than 30 CPC's, but other areas are so overstaffed that we arent getting many academy grads, and our building is allowed to release people, and my area is going to lose 5 in the next few months. Gonna be hurting over the summer.
That’s insane. You CPC on all the sectors in your area right? And management can’t move qualified people from other areas around because they wouldn’t be certified on any of the sectors in the new area? Hope things get better for you guys. :(

nabbyfan

That’s insane. You CPC on all the sectors in your area right? And management can’t move qualified people from other areas around because they wouldn’t be certified on any of the sectors in the new area? Hope things get better for you guys. :(
Yeah our building has 6 Areas, and such areas has about 6 sectors. Takes a few years to get fully certified on all of them. If the imbalance gets bad enough and the right people care, they can do a paid move to try and entice people to go to a short staffed area but they tend not to do that, at least here.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Yeah our building has 6 Areas, and such areas has about 6 sectors. Takes a few years to get fully certified on all of them. If the imbalance gets bad enough and the right people care, they can do a paid move to try and entice people to go to a short staffed area but they tend not to do that, at least here.
What would be considered 100% staffed in your area?

My area is supposed to have around 60-63 and at the end of June we’ll be at 27.

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
Well, though I can't edit the first post to add the pics back with the new links, I can post them here @Juliettsierra and I hope they helped. Things changed visually a little bit between 2017 when I made these and 2018, but they should still help.

For the airplane game, the 2 versions of questions you'll get:

No eyeball as above means 747's perspective. So the Cessna is left and you hit "correct".

The Cessna is RIGHT from the perspective of the eyeball, so you hit FALSE. Remember, best advice is take a minute or two to get the True/False keys down. You only have 3 seconds, and both times I took the AT-SAT, I fumbled when I knew the answer and hit the wrong key or didn't hit one in time.

These are the RADAR game images, just open the first page in another tab and refer to these images where needed in my text in the first post:

Remember, you won't have time to do more than a few equations, but try to do the ones on rounds where there are no imminent collisions.

Best of luck to all! Hopefully one day soon you're sitting in the pool like me with no word for 6 months and counting. :)