• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Assistant Dispatcher Hawaiian Airlines

BayouMLU

The last time they interviewed they flew to the mainland and conducted interviews. No test and no real tough quizzing of dispatch issues. They're really interested in what you know about living there and they are emphasizing the differences between living on the island vs the mainland.

IMO, finances are the smallest part of taking the job. Plenty of OT is available I have been told. There are worse places to live if you ask me, but go in eyes wide open and understand it's not just changing zip codes. You are adopting a whole new way of life.

The last time they interviewed they flew to the mainland and conducted interviews. No test and no real tough quizzing of dispatch issues. They're really interested in what you know about living there and they are emphasizing the differences between living on the island vs the mainland.

IMO, finances are the smallest part of taking the job. Plenty of OT is available I have been told. There are worse places to live if you ask me, but go in eyes wide open and understand it's not just changing zip codes. You are adopting a whole new way of life.
As one who was stationed at Pearl, all I can say is AMEN! Unless you've been there, you have no idea how true this is.