Assistant Dispatcher Hawaiian Airlines

azmedic

If they were smart they would open their own dispatch academy on the island to cater to islanders who presumably already have a residence there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-9er

What does this job start at, $44k/year or thereabouts? In HI, that might get you a box to sleep in. I'm serious! Back when I was based in Pearl Harbor over 30 years ago, houses sold for 2-3 times what a comparable mainland property would sell for. Oh, and because everything has to be imported (like gasoline), you pay through the nose for everything else too.

stunnershow

They start at 49k/year and top out at 105k/year. That's with only 1752 hours per year. Pretty similar to Spirit and cost of living in South FL isn't too different as well.
HAL Asst Dx start 49K, is that with the new contract or anything added? Like license premium or shift/schedule pay? Seems a lot better than a couple yrs ago. Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
That's base salary. They signed the contract last year I believe. Throw in some OT and you could be hitting 80-90 in your first year just like at Spirit. I'd take that over a regional any day.

A-9er

That's base salary. They signed the contract last year I believe. Throw in some OT and you could be hitting 80-90 in your first year just like at Spirit. I'd take that over a regional any day.
I'll take that over regional pay too. Let's not even get into the DIFFERENCE in working conditions!

Last edited:

A-9er

You wouldn't be able to own your own place it's true, but you could make it work. I've lived in San Francisco on much less for years.
That would good to know. I was stationed in Pearl Harbor back in my Navy days, and I liked the island-VERY nice weather... :)

CPZ9900

The pay may be low,but I view it as heavy jet International ETOPS experience.

I mean...it's Hawaii. I can think of a lot worse places to be poor LOL

$$ will come when it's your time.
Not sure why everyone is fixated on heavy jet ETOPS experience unless it's just really you're thing. It certainly doesn't seem to make you any more attractive to a major than someone coming from a regional.

av8or757

Not sure why everyone is fixated on heavy jet ETOPS experience unless it's just really you're thing. It certainly doesn't seem to make you any more attractive to a major than someone coming from a regional.
Since there is a lot a competition for so few spots, any additional experience doesn't make you any less attractive either. I'd say being able to state on your resume you have experience dispatching into a more expanded global theater where most Majors operate versus Canada and Mexico at many regional may not be much...but maybe it is a point one can highlight.

I'm not a recruiter or hiring manager so I don't know. Point being any additional experience you can highlight to an potential employer wouldn't hurt either IMO.

Everyone isn't a pilot of have ATC ratings. Since no one knows what a Major is looking for in any given class...anything you can do to get your resume viewed or stand out...get the experience,rating,etc.

Last edited: