AS application question-employment history

Skåning

...but hiring will continue for the second half of 2020 growth plans.
“Growth” LOL

Last edited:

AAPalmTree

“Growth” LOL

We will GLADLY give you 737’s for Airbus’ on a 1 for 1 trade. I almost hate them enough to just give them away.

Cherokee_Cruiser

No offense but that article is quoting a guy on Twitter. Lease returns are happening. They’re just waiting for the MAX to fly before announcing the final fleet decision.

Cherokee_Cruiser

How bad is it? I’ve held out not bidding this thing even though I’d be a like holder there. I think I’ll stay Bus as long as feasible.

Reserve4Ever

Any guesses on if there will actually be another bid soon as mentioned in the recent CP email, and if so will it be a displacement as the first couple Airbus leave?

ShortField

No one of consequence
Any guesses on if there will actually be another bid soon as mentioned in the recent CP email, and if so will it be a displacement as the first couple Airbus leave?
a couple airbii have already gone away and there hasn’t been a displacement yet.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Today, management posted the "2020-05 Position Bid" on the Pilot Webpage, with a bid effective date of May 1, 2020. According to management, this bid continues to realign flying between the Airbus and Boeing. While it is an overall growth bid, the 38 new captain positions are offset by 20 reductions (net 18 new captain positions to bid).

Details as follows:

• This Bid REDUCES 20 A320 CA positions in the following bases:
    • 10 in LAX
    • 10 in SFO
  • The bid ADDS 38 B-737 CA vacancies in the following bases:
    • 24 in LAX
    • 5 in PDX
    • 9 in SEA
  • The bid ADDS 26 B-737 FO vacancies to the following bases:
    • 3 in ANC
    • 23 in LAX
  • This bid should result in 44 new hires.
  • This bid will close December 5, 2019 @ 1700 SEA time.

Autothrust Blue

"Blakeley's face was grave."
Today, management posted the "2020-05 Position Bid" on the Pilot Webpage, with a bid effective date of May 1, 2020. According to management, this bid continues to realign flying between the Airbus and Boeing. While it is an overall growth bid, the 38 new captain positions are offset by 20 reductions (net 18 new captain positions to bid).

Details as follows:

• This Bid REDUCES 20 A320 CA positions in the following bases:
    • 10 in LAX
    • 10 in SFO
  • The bid ADDS 38 B-737 CA vacancies in the following bases:
    • 24 in LAX
    • 5 in PDX
    • 9 in SEA
  • The bid ADDS 26 B-737 FO vacancies to the following bases:
    • 3 in ANC
    • 23 in LAX
  • This bid should result in 44 new hires.
  • This bid will close December 5, 2019 @ 1700 SEA time.
I take it San Francisco is not long for the world?

Cherokee_Cruiser

It's all the block hour change for 2020 versus 2019. Boeing block hours from 2019 to 2020 go +5.9% while Airbus block hours from 2019 to 2020 go -5.3%.

SFO is still a base, bigger than ANC and PDX.

Cherokee_Cruiser

*Frantically checks position on lists*

I have way more than 10 below me in SFO and I do have more than 10 below me in LAX. So worse case scenario at least on this one, I shouldn't lose my Bus CA spot I assume. LAX 737 is looking more and more attractive. I'd already be a line holder there and have almost 46 below me, not including the 24 vacancies above. I live in base so reserve is tolerable, but now with losing 10 I'd literally be left as 3 or 4 from the bottom.

Cherokee_Cruiser

At least it doesn’t “reflect a fleet decision”
Puleeeeaaaazzeeeeeeee. They made that decision a loooooong time ago. Just waiting on the timing now. Just like the NY base. Oh yeah we haven't even looked at it, it's so far at the bottom of the list of things to look it, relax it'll be okay.

Something else to keep in mind, no one might actually be displaced if current Bus Captains bid out. The contract says vacancies are done first, then reductions are processed. So far, every bid has had Bus Captains leave SFO/LAX to go to the 737. But because those bids weren't reductions, they had to back-fill Airbus CA on those bids and award new CAs on the Airbus even though no vacancies for that seat were advertised.

Now, as long as 10 current CAs bid out of SFO/LAX Bus, they take one for the team and no reduction has to happen for that slot.

Last edited: