AS application question-employment history

Bodes well for my hopes to 1) get hired this year, and 2) get SEA based.......sounds like PDX and ANC (my other desired locations) are a pipe dream for new hires right now, and your data seems to confirm this if I am understanding it correctly.
Yeah those are the 144 FO vacancies for the latest growth plan which is all effective May 1st. There could be additional newhires in the 2nd half of 2019 but that hiring plan has not been announced. I'd agree that getting PDX and ANC could be a while. On this latest vacancy award with 144 open FO spots, there were 3 ANC FO spots and the most junior was hired 02/2018. For PDX there were 15 FO spots awarded and most junior was 01/2018. If you happen to be in the first first part of the 144 newhire FO wave, you may get PDX/ANC in the next vacancy round after the 144 newhires are in. It depends how many current VX FOs bid SEA/PDX/ANC as FO. Worse case though, plan on a year or two.

Last edited:

///AMG

Yeah, I got the same gist about 2nd half of '19 (unknown). My availability won't be until late next summer/fall time, so if I'm fortunate enough to get a job in the meantime, I would be more than happy to go anywhere for a while. I'm effectively extending on active duty in order to hopefully keep getting a paycheck until class dates resume post summer season. That's sort of generic for all 121 ops I suppose, but AS is by far my #1. I guess we will see how that works out for me :)

Skåning

Yeah, I got the same gist about 2nd half of '19 (unknown). My availability won't be until late next summer/fall time, so if I'm fortunate enough to get a job in the meantime, I would be more than happy to go anywhere for a while. I'm effectively extending on active duty in order to hopefully keep getting a paycheck until class dates resume post summer season. That's sort of generic for all 121 ops I suppose, but AS is by far my #1. I guess we will see how that works out for me :)
I hope you have your stuff out at DL and Purple/Brown too, depending on where you’d like to be based.

First off, not sure if this or one of the various job hunt sub forums would be more appropriate, but here we go anyway.

So prior to the Medevac job, I spent 7.5 years at the same company (sort of). In that time, I held 3 different job titles (sometimes more than one at a time) and went through a merger/acquisition in which the company name changed. How best to break this down for the employment section? One entry? 5 entries? Something in between?
One entry with a reference to the resume. I know these electronic applications do not allow for other than typical circumstances. If you can, try to use hyphens to add the other name/positions (slashes won't be accepted). If the system won't allow that, than a reference to your resume or 5 entries may be your only choices. I was self employed. I got a green background investigator who couldn't think outside the box. It took a phone call to the hiring manager in order to get her head out of her you-know-what. Yes, that was AS.

BEEF SUPREME

Are you guys saying the hiring plan is 150ish pilots for the entire year of 2019? Or just the first part of 2019?
I wouldn’t be surprised if we hired double that for 2019 or if we hired 15 pilots and stopped for the rest of the year. At this point I’d say without a doubt no one knows what the plan is. Likely because there isn’t one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk