AS application question-employment history

RMCBear08

I know it’s still early, but any word on interviews from this latest window? Only people I’ve heard getting interviews so far were from the last window.
I received the call in early October, interviewed early this month (and got it!). I applied during the last open window in September. Have been applying for the past 4 years and have attended multiple meet and greets during that time. There were about 15 of us who interviewed and I know there's an interview group scheduled this week too.

Excited to start! It's been a dream of mine since I was little!

I received the call in early October, interviewed early this month (and got it!). I applied during the last open window in September. Have been applying for the past 4 years and have attended multiple meet and greets during that time. There were about 15 of us who interviewed and I know there's an interview group scheduled this week too.

Congrats! And thanks for the info.

Skåning

Congratulations and welcome to the company! It's kind of a weird time to be joining and I think the next few years will be an interesting ride, but hopefully things get better. If you get the A320 feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or wanna start looking at flows/callouts early.

RMCBear08

Congratulations and welcome to the company! It's kind of a weird time to be joining and I think the next few years will be an interesting ride, but hopefully things get better. If you get the A320 feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or wanna start looking at flows/callouts early.
I appreciate that, thank you!

Sounds like all new hires are going to the 73 currently. At the interview they hinted at hiring into the 'Bus maybe sometime this spring. I think they want to see where they are after the cross-bid. At least that was my understanding anyway.

Retirements are higher than expected. AS is one of the couple (only?) legacy pax carriers that still has a pilot pension for a decent portion of the group. I don't know how it all works, but interests rates are going up and apparently there is some sort of cutoff if you retire before Nov 30 (or is it Dec 31?) and you get a better overall deal than if you retire after the interest rates go up. As a result there has been an increase in guys with a pension pulling the rip cord. Hopefully it all translates to more movement.

Skåning

Just got my class date scheduled for early in the new year! Very excited to start! Appears they WILL be hiring into both aircraft. Any insight into which plane is better? Better trips, better efficiency, better QOL, better future, etc.? TIA.
The A320 is a MUCH better and far superior aircraft. We'll be thrust from our beloved PBS with soft time goodies into Line Bidding with nothing come March, so QOL will be taking a big hit in that regard. At the moment our trips are productive and commutable (for the most part) - again that will probably be snatched away come March.

A320 school is still a PC that's pass or fail, while the 737 is AQP. As to the future of our fleet, who the eff knows, it says "Proudly all Boring" on the 737s even though the company owns four aircraft types :confused:

Pick the plane that is in the base that you want 737 - ANC, SEA, PDX, LAX ; A320 - SFO, LAX
If you don't care, pick the Airbus - you'll be flying with more fun people!

///AMG

With the latest bid closing here are the vacancies for the 144 FO positions for the 2019 hiring plan:

A320 LAX - 25
A320 SFO - 23

737 LAX - 10
737 SEA - 86
Bodes well for my hopes to 1) get hired this year, and 2) get SEA based.......sounds like PDX and ANC (my other desired locations) are a pipe dream for new hires right now, and your data seems to confirm this if I am understanding it correctly.

ShortField

No one of consequence
Bodes well for my hopes to 1) get hired this year, and 2) get SEA based.......sounds like PDX and ANC (my other desired locations) are a pipe dream for new hires right now, and your data seems to confirm this if I am understanding it correctly.
PDX and ANC are both about a two year wait right now.