Army Kills Comanche Helicopter

Timbuff10

So after 20 years and nearly 7 BILLION dollars we have two bad ass choppers!

Flying what amounts to a three and a half billion dollor aircraft has got to make that pilot nervous.

I think the Apache will do just fine in that role.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
I do have to admit the hyperlink made me think "Holy crap! When did the Comanche Nation get helicopters?"

Lima_Charlie

[ QUOTE ]
I do have to admit the hyperlink made me think "Holy crap! When did the Comanche Nation get helicopters?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever "moonlighted" as a comedian???

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
The Commanche was not a replacement for the Apache. It was a replacement for the aging, and ad-hoc, Kiowa scout helicopter (basically a Bell Jet Ranger (or equivalent) with radar and some weapons stuck on it). Seems like kind of a dumb move to me. The reason is probably far more political in nature than technical in nature.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Someone didn't support someone else on a piece of legislation, you think?

jbeauv

The Commanche is all the a Army Aviation community has talked about for the past 20 years. It was supposed to the poo!!!. It has been in developement my entire aviaton career. I am going to be sad to see it go. Heck maybe it will end up in the Army Aviation Museum in Ft. Rucker, Al.

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
It'll probably come back, in a few years, with a few changes and a different name ...

ready2fly

[ QUOTE ]
More money for Blackhawks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, because we all know THOSE things are indestructible.

jbeauv

They are pretty tough, but they also have enough power to get young aviators into trouble, and we all know that a mistake in aviation can be unforgiving.

Wm226

[ QUOTE ]
They are pretty tough, but they also have enough power to get young aviators into trouble, and we all know that a mistake in aviation can be unforgiving.

[/ QUOTE ]

One AK-47 round in the right spot is enough to take one down.

mtsu_av8er

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah if the bullet passes through both pilots heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

All you need to do is take the oil outta that gearbox!!!!!