Anywhere in the world in less than an hour

BigZ

Orbital drops would be moar cooler.
BFR takes off, does a loop around the rock dropping pax at the respective destinations and back home.

wheelsup

For Elon, there is nothing government subsidies and bright eyed investors can’t solve.

I did visit a Tesla store yesterday. The cars are incredible. However I can’t imagine Audi, Mercedes or BMW are that far behind.

NickH

Dank Meme
For Elon, there is nothing government subsidies and bright eyed investors can’t solve.

I did visit a Tesla store yesterday. The cars are incredible. However I can’t imagine Audi, Mercedes or BMW are that far behind.
Audi, Mercedes and BMW care about making a profit. It's harder when you're actually running a business.

desertdog71

Girthy Member
His other ideas won't happen without revenue from the car company, and with more options from brands people are familiar with who's going to buy his very expensive cars?

ppragman

Direct Yeska
To some enslaved alien species?
The supply chain is already in the cheapest countries possible and use modern slaves to make it.
almost, but not quite - there are still a lot of jobs in MX that could be off-shored to Bangladesh were it not for the warehousing and logistics costs. Now thanks to rockets we should be able to advance further into dystopia.

wheelsup

His other ideas won't happen without revenue from the car company, and with more options from brands people are familiar with who's going to buy his very expensive cars?
Tesla is the Apple of the car industry. Their cars are just that much better than the competition. I sat in an S and X the other day, wow what a huge difference over the stuff from the other automakers.

I truly can’t wait for them to go mainstream. Just so much better. GM is doing their best to make electric cars look like regular ones...which is why no one cars about the stupid Bolt.

hook_dupin

GM is doing their best to make electric cars look like regular ones...which is why no one cars about the stupid Bolt.
That was my lesson from the Prius. For the owners, not only is having a hybrid important -letting others know that you have a hybrid is also important. Sort of the car version of Tom's shoes or a Fendi handbag.

Hence, cars that look like flamboyant spaceships.

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
That was my lesson from the Prius. For the owners, not only is having a hybrid important -letting others know that you have a hybrid is also important. Sort of the car version of Tom's shoes or a Fendi handbag.

Hence, cars that look like flamboyant spaceships.
William Gibson, in a recent novel, referred to the angular sheet metal work so popular lately as "go fast folds."