anything interesting to do in Columbus?

sbe

just found out I'm headed to Columbus OH the week of 8/4. Anyone familiar with the city, is there anything aviation-related in town that is worth seeing/doing? Just curious.

TIA

Sarah

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
I don't know about aviation, but I was there in 2000 for the National SPJ convention.

Go see the Science Center (down on the river) across from the Pinta (On of Columbus' sthree ships) replica. Also check out the Art Museum (small but cool) and check out the Hockey Arena area ... kinda cool little district.

I really liked the town and it is one of my places that I wouldn't mind living.

Jason

First of all - I'm sorry. How long do you have to endure that terrible fate? lol CMH isn't that bad but kind of dry on interesting aviation stuff. My advice would be to head down to Dayton to see the Air Force Musuem - absolutley amazing if you're into military aviation. It'll easily tie up a whole day. It takes me an hour to get to Dayton and about 2 to get to CMH so I'm guessing Dayton is about an hour drive from CMH.

Unfortunatley you're going to miss the 100 years celebration in Dayton - they've got stuff gong on pretty much every day in Dayton culminating with the air show next week

Jason

G