Anyone Skydive?

averyrm

Well I've started flying with a Parachuting operation nearby and was wondering if anyone here has taken "the plunge."

I'm considering trying it out as I get my first jump free and any others for a reduced rate. (sounds kinda like crack, doesn't it?) However, I'm not so sure about the jumping out of a good airplane and such and the reasons I'd do it would mostly be training. This way I could learn what it feels like on the other end of the strut and I thought it'd be good training in case (heaven forbid) I might have to jump out of the Decathalon.

Just looking for anyone else's experience here, thought it might be good for storytime

ready2fly

I paid good money to fly one. Why in the hell would I wanna jump out of a perfectly good one???

eodfe

I skydive quite a bit here in Colorado, I've been jumbing for over 12 years. It really is a huge adrenalin rush. If you haven't tried it before I recommend you do. If you do jumb,
post what is was like!

robair73

I jumped once and my chute didn't open. Neither did my reserve.

I hit the ground at 190 mph. I'm alright though, really, I'm fine. Just a little bruise on my elbow.

eodfe

Your first few jumbs are always night water jumps.

Your eyes are closed and you piss your pants!

(very old skydiving joke)

darrenf

resident denizen
[ QUOTE ]
Your first few jumbs are always night water jumps.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT is a JUMB????!!!!

Virusss

I think this is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better

NOW THIS WOULD BE COOL

I think thats enough for one day