Anyone see this ?

knot4u

Repeat Offender
Not enough to be worth it, El Mirage, and you get to live here:

When I was looking for a house twenty years ago the Palmdale area was an option. The commute would be a drag but I'd likely get twice the house for the money. I had a group of friends that had bought homes there and of course they all thought I should join them. I'd go up for day trips or sometimes for a weekend if we were going to LACR. Seemed nice enough but I always got a weird vibe out there, it was nothing I could put my finger on but I always kind of felt on edge. I ended up buying closer to where I grew up in an area that was literally overrun by real 1%er bikers when I was a kid, but they were run out of town a long time ago. It's worked out for me, my house was recently appraised for three times what I paid for it. I think living out in that kind of desert changes people, and not necessarily for the better. Add drugs, especially meth, and people get very weird, very quickly.

trafficinsight

When I was looking for a house twenty years ago the Palmdale area was an option. The commute would be a drag but I'd likely get twice the house for the money. I had a group of friends that had bought homes there and of course they all thought I should join them. I'd go up for day trips or sometimes for a weekend if we were going to LACR. Seemed nice enough but I always got a weird vibe out there, it was nothing I could put my finger on but I always kind of felt on edge. I ended up buying closer to where I grew up in an area that was literally overrun by real 1%er bikers when I was a kid, but they were run out of town a long time ago. It's worked out for me, my house was recently appraised for three times what I paid for it. I think living out in that kind of desert changes people, and not necessarily for the better. Add drugs, especially meth, and people get very weird, very quickly.

I grew up in Palmdale and someday I'll never have to go back :p

The heat boils peoples' brains out there.