Anyone see this ?

Inverted25

They threw this around before. At one time they proposed sending civilian trained pilots straight to the Beechjets as a fast track to heavies. They would skip T-6 all together. I don’t know where that ever went

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toobdrvr

Estrellas Asesino
Meh. Prolly wouldn’t be for any of the “cool stuff”, anyway...

sign me up for the “Seminole to Raptor Program”!

i’ll bet a dollar that in 5 years, the AF will be payin guys to leave again.

stroboli62

They threw this around before. At one time they proposed sending civilian trained pilots straight to the Beechjets as a fast track to heavies. They would skip T-6 all together. I don’t know where that ever went

[/QUOT
Sounds like some AF Generals with some new Good Idea Fairy Ideas

stroboli62

The GIF never sleeps!
Always thought that way over the last 40 yrs........The US Army and US Air Force always re creating the cart before the horse but never doin an in depth study of the WHYs folks leave...pretty simple to former service members who put in 20+ ys on either the E, WO, or O side of things and the new "grander" ideas that come from those "practicing" Generals

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
As a prior enlisted guy, the only aspect of military aviation that would appeal to me would be the ability to get carrier qualified. I think a cat shot and catching the wire would be challenging/ rewarding. Even that would be a stretch given the tremendous commitment of service required to be a military aviator.

With my luck, I’d end up as a BeechJet IP.

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
As a prior enlisted guy, the only aspect of military aviation that would appeal to me would be the ability to get carrier qualified. I think a cat shot and catching the wire would be challenging/ rewarding. Even that would be a stretch given the tremendous commitment of service required to be a military aviator.

With my luck, I’d end up as a BeechJet IP.
Knowing enough guys who've done the military thing...

There is so much other unnecessary nonsense they had to deal with, toxic leadership, some worked for branches with what I would call "questionable safety cultures," stupid yet unchangeable policies, etc... I dunno. If I was 21 with 3000hrs again maybe? But now, as a grown ass man with a life, that doesn't sound pleasant at all.

ahw01

RAF was looking at BA, Easyjet folks. Which is odd cause it's usually the other way round.

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
Knowing enough guys who've done the military thing...

There is so much other unnecessary nonsense they had to deal with, toxic leadership, some worked for branches with what I would call "questionable safety cultures," stupid yet unchangeable policies, etc... I dunno. If I was 21 with 3000hrs again maybe? But now, as a grown ass man with a life, that doesn't sound pleasant at all.
That another angle of too, I’d guess based on conversations I’ve had with pilots, the average military aviator is seeing about 200 hours a year. Sure, depending on the unit and platform they’re flying some have been doing more flying. That leaves a lot of time for non-flying responsibilities or “administrative duties”.

Dynasty22

it’s an AF Reserve program...AABI school, 1000 hours, etc. Heavy/airlift only.