Anyone else put the wallet through the washer lately?

srn121

FCC radio license was easy to replace.
Got the temporary medical via the airline, but that's only good for 60 days and is only limited to the 48 states.
Sent the form to the feds to replace the medical, but I'm assuming the aeromedical is closed with the shutdown? At least I wasn't able to get a hold of them via the phone.
Thoughts on the medical?
Oddly enough yes, but I caught it as the washer was filling and hadn't put my new medical in it. I lost my wallet late last spring and the touch-tone extension for replacement medicals was unhelpful as it went to a full voicemail. I tried on and off for like a week thinking it might get cleared out, but ultimately needed it so I pressed one of the other numbers and got a very helpful woman who was able to get me a temporary shortly after and I felt like I had another one in my mailbox within a week.

AAPalmTree

What do you mean? Like does the FAA go to the company and say “that guy asked for a replacement medical, gimme all you have on him?”.
No, but I’ve had three guys have issues after requesting a replacement. Two ended up in the hims program and one had to supply additional information and undergo testing with his doctor about a previous listed medication. I would say they take a look at things when this happens.

GypsyPilot

No, but I’ve had three guys have issues after requesting a replacement. Two ended up in the hims program and one had to supply additional information and undergo testing with his doctor about a previous listed medication. I would say they take a look at things when this happens.
Wait, what?! The HIMS program? Clearly there’s more to the story with your examples.

z987k

Yes. Things found with a little more oversight stemming from a replacement medical request.
I mean if you're an addict then I guess... but to say that you should avoid requesting a replacement medical because it can lead to the hims program is not accurate for 99.9% of people.

That's like telling people not to replace a lost drivers license because they might make you take an eye exam. I mean I guess of you're blind that might be an issue, but not really normal advice.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
I mean if you're an addict then I guess... but to say that you should avoid requesting a replacement medical because it can lead to the hims program is not accurate for 99.9% of people.

That's like telling people not to replace a lost drivers license because they might make you take an eye exam. I mean I guess of you're blind that might be an issue, but not really normal advice.
moral of the story, don't wash your pants

mikecweb

Third Generation Arizonan
Pants... pfffft.
Mine was in a bathrobe pocket. I tend to throw that thing over the jammies to drive the wife to the 7.12am train. Pants are too much work at such an ungodly hour.
Why the hell is your medical in your bathrobe pocket?

BigZ

Apparently within 90 days of issuance AME can't do much about it, got to wait for the FAA to issue a duplicate. I'm told not even a new application will go through.