Anyone else put the wallet through the washer lately?

BigZ

FCC radio license was easy to replace.
Got the temporary medical via the airline, but that's only good for 60 days and is only limited to the 48 states.
Sent the form to the feds to replace the medical, but I'm assuming the aeromedical is closed with the shutdown? At least I wasn't able to get a hold of them via the phone.
Thoughts on the medical?

Keep your flight docs in a separate "necklace" wallet, with your passport, etc. Avoids such horrors.

Pics of docs also helps. Got me through customs without a passport once.

EIR

Erik10
I have always kept my license, medical and FCC in my flight bag.

If you decide to go get another medical and you're back in the WI area, there is a cheap AME in downtown MKE.

BigZ

ALWAYS just go get a new medical.
So the AMEs do issue new medicals at this time?

If you decide to go get another medical and you're back in the WI area, there is a cheap AME in downtown MKE.
Thank you, getting together for lunch sounds like a better reason to drive. I'll probably get to my doc in FLL before I get to MKE.

Skåning

Resist the urge to put cert and medical in the badge holder with your ID.

Spread the risk and have all your docs in their own spot within your work bag. Photo copy/Pic of everything just in case.

milleR

I started laminating all my paper certs years ago for just this reason (well, it was a swimming pool but same results)

But these days I just keep everything in a dedicated “flight” wallet that lives in my bag that goes everywhere with me.

NickH

Dank Meme
So the AMEs do issue new medicals at this time?

Thank you, getting together for lunch sounds like a better reason to drive. I'll probably get to my doc in FLL before I get to MKE.
Shutdown hasn't affected AMEs or MedXpress...

z987k

Keep your flight docs in a separate "necklace" wallet, with your passport, etc. Avoids such horrors.

Pics of docs also helps. Got me through customs without a passport once.
Pro tip - also memorize your passport number. And get global entry and keep it in another location than your passport.

Fixtur

C172 type-rated
I was able to download and print out my temp certs right away when my wallet was stolen.

That will give you time for the official ones to arrive in the mail. The permanent replacement medical took about 2 weeks to arrive.

Fix

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
Requesting a replacement medical tends to interest the feds in your history.
If an airman asks for duplicates of certificate & medical at the same time, then one must conclude that the airmen is up to some thing nefarious. Or they just washed/ lost their wallet.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

BigZ

I was able to download and print out my temp certs right away when my wallet was stolen.

That will give you time for the official ones to arrive in the mail. The permanent replacement medical took about 2 weeks to arrive.

Fix
I’ve got a temp through the work opspec, since the feds don’t answer the phones. Could only see how to request a temp faxed over, nothing about getting one online though.

AAPalmTree

If an airman asks for duplicates of certificate & medical at the same time, then one must conclude that the airmen is up to some thing nefarious. Or they just washed/ lost their wallet.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.
Nope, it's pretty standard.
I call BS on this, especially in comparison to getting a re-exam way out of sync with your due month.
My union experience tells me differently.