Any Kalitta Air folks here?

SoaringHills

Good evening!

Any Kalitta Air Dispatchers around here? The last post I could find about Kalitta Air on here was in 2017. Since then I believe they’ve become apart of the TWU and have recently gotta pay raises.

Is this correct? How’s working at K4? How’s management? How’s training?

Any information you could share would be appreciated!

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
Good evening!

Any Kalitta Air Dispatchers around here? The last post I could find about Kalitta Air on here was in 2017. Since then I believe they’ve become apart of the TWU and have recently gotta pay raises.

Is this correct? How’s working at K4? How’s management? How’s training?

Any information you could share would be appreciated!
I believe they are still negotiating their 1st contract.

Dx81

I believe they are still negotiating their 1st contract.
This is correct. As for the original questions, working at K4 is great. Management is good. Training isn't overly difficult. I came from a regional, so I had experience coming in. Lots to learn doing international flights. I'm glad I made the move to Kalitta. Overall, the experience and pay was well worth it. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Last edited:

SoaringHills

This is correct. As for the original questions, working at K4 is great. Management is good. Training isn't overly difficult. I came from a regional, so I had experience coming in. Lots to learn doing international flights. I'm glad I made the move to Kalitta. Overall, the experience and pay was well worth it. If you have any other questions, let me know!
I sent you a PM

Wilco

It’s an interesting fun time at K4. The spread sheet on the forum is correct for starting pay. 777 just added to the fleet with ETOPS approval ongoing. Pay and structural changes are frozen until the contract is voted on but the future is bright. So much so that someone whom was offered a position at another certain cargo airline turned it down just recently. We’re looking for people who are looking to expand their knowledge and willing to grow. You are expected to take on new challenges with very little oversight. We don’t have an ATC or meteorologists group so be prepared to do it all. International ops is 80% percent of the business so be prepared to work in the metric system. If your looking for a challenge to dispatch wide body aircraft around the world, I could not think of a better place.

SpaceBeagle

Located in Low Earth Orbit
Definitely a great opportunity to gain valuable international experience, plus the start of 777 ETOPs service is an added bonus. The flights plans you build are more memorable than your run-of-the-mill scheduled flights, and you get to work with the 747. Pretty dang cool to see takeoff weights that high. Also probably the single most experienced group of dispatchers I’ve worked with, they are a veritable wealth of knowledge. Hopefully the new contract improves some of the work rules (such as 1.5x for OT).

Michigan was not a bad place to live, seems Iike quite a few of the employees lived in Belleville or Ypsi which is close to work.

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
It’s an interesting fun time at K4. The spread sheet on the forum is correct for starting pay. 777 just added to the fleet with ETOPS approval ongoing. Pay and structural changes are frozen until the contract is voted on but the future is bright. So much so that someone whom was offered a position at another certain cargo airline turned it down just recently. We’re looking for people who are looking to expand their knowledge and willing to grow. You are expected to take on new challenges with very little oversight. We don’t have an ATC or meteorologists group so be prepared to do it all. International ops is 80% percent of the business so be prepared to work in the metric system. If your looking for a challenge to dispatch wide body aircraft around the world, I could not think of a better place.
Certain cargo dispatchers to your south are watching negotiations closely. Hoping for the best for you guys.