1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any IFOD grads out there

Discussion in 'Flight Control/Dispatch' started by 8sm, May 21, 2008.

1. mission_aviation

mission_aviation Well-Known Member

I'm set on my housing now. I had to find an extended stay that is pet friendly for our kittens. Its about 15 minutes away. I did find out that I have to pay $2884 out of pocket though. Major depletion from our cash reserves. Back to the poor house again. I hope I can land a job fast. Who ever hires first that pays well is where we're moving to.:banghead:

2. GoGuard

GoGuard Well-Known Member

mission aviation,

I'm not sure if you've looked into getting unemployment after you seperate but when I voluntary separated from active duty a couple years ago I was able to get it. It was'nt much but it did help alot. Anyways good luck with the new career and let us know how everything goes. I've always been interested in dispatching.

3. mission_aviation

I'm now in Richland Hills, TX. First day of class is tomarrow I'm excited. I already scoped out where the Falcon Wing is and already know where to go in the morning. If there is anybody else that is in the same class as me, I look forward to meeting you. As for anybody else, wish me luck. :nana2::rawk:

4. sharantyr20

sharantyr20 New Member

Hi!!!

Im a female from United Arab Emirates and I have been enroll my self to IFOD... My Class start this coming August 4. Can you please advise me if the Course will be tough for the Aviation Newbie like me? I mean Im zero Aviation Background....

Thank You.:)
    Shara

5. sharantyr20

sharantyr20 New Member

Hi!!!

Im a female from United Arab Emirates and I have been enroll my self to IFOD... My Class start this coming August 4. Can you please advise me if the Course will be tough for the Aviation Newbie like me? I mean Im zero Aviation Background....

Thank You.:)
    Shara

6. NEWBY101

NEWBY101 New Member

Good luck! I'm starting a class in August in Tucson. Not sure what I'm in for, But I want to be around airplanes, and I believe this is a great way in! Keep us posted.

7. mission_aviation

Shara,

I'm currently attending IFOD. Theres are alot of studying and testing while attending the school. So if you can handle both of those tasks, then you should have no problem with no aviation background. Theres a few international students that didn't have an aviation background either and just passed the FAA ADX.

8. mission_aviation

I passed the written ADX. Whohoo!!!!:rawk:

9. Mitch

Mitch New Member

congrats on passing the written!

how was the test, tough?

10. mission_aviation

It depends on how well you can comprehend the material. I'm not the smartest guy in the class, but I studied my a$& off and I passed. The oral and practical is next week.

By the way, the tuition is $4150 and it includes the materials and testing fees which is the average costs for dispatch training. Sorry I couldn't PM you back, my email isn't working right now. If you have anymore questions, feeel free to PM me in the future. Good luck to you.

11. mission_aviation

Passed the Oral/Practical Today!!!! Now a Certified Flight Dispatcher. I Also accepted a full-time flight dispatcher position five minutes later!!! :nana2::rawk:

12. 8sm

8sm New Member

congrats Mission....where you going to work?

13. mission_aviation

PM me and I'll let you know.

14. 8sm

8sm New Member

PM Sent

15. av8r

av8r Well-Known Member

So, I'm curious...what are your thoughts about IFOD after being there a while? Are you pleased with your decision? I'm thinking about attending next year.

16. mission_aviation

IFOD is a great school. Very pleased with my decision and best investment you could ever make.

17. Aviation gimmicatic

Aviation gimmicatic New Member

DmLong,
    Hey, plz lemme know a few info mate. I am an Indian so the question that is constantly bothering me is whether or not will I get a job with FAA license being an international student. I am keen to be a Flight Dispatcher graduating from IFOD, Texas. Also, what separates IFOD from other FAA approved schools like Sheffield School of Aeronautics, Florida since they have better facilities including workshops and computers for practicals.

Awaiting sincere replies plz

Thanks

18. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Can somebody bring me some water?

Hey Dude,
    this thread is 10 yrs old....some of the guys are probably dead by now...or working at McDonalds.

Those schools are basically the same. Just choose the $$ and location right for you. Do forget Jeppesen in Colorado. Good luck.

Sincerely,

19. Aviation gimmicatic

Aviation gimmicatic New Member

How do I end up getting a job being an international student on a FAA license?

20. Mainline_or_bust

Mainline_or_bust Two days before, the day after tomorrow

I work with people from a few different countries India and Pakistan included. Also the director is from Sri Lanka, ridiculously nice guy. You will like it at IFOD, I had Nigerians there to learn and go back to Africa, I had a Spanish guy getting licensed for career purposes in Spain, and a Filipino about to start working for Emirates.