Any for both 07 AND Feb 08 referrals

badbudda

Curious as to how many of the 07 applicants receiving referrals have received a referral on the Feb 08 announcement? ASAP indicates I am on the referral list for the Feb 08 announcement yet I've accepted a TOL at the LA PEPC for an 07 announcement position. Guess I'm wondering if I'll get a phone call asking if I want to go to another location.

kcarpentier

I've been on every referral list since I passed the AT-SAT and I haven't heard a damn thing from any one of them :mad:

bigl228

I've been on every referral list since I passed the AT-SAT and I haven't heard a damn thing from any one of them :mad:
:yeahthat: I feel your pain :banghead: all I want is an answer to what is taking so long to give people who have been waiting for over a year some response as to why we make the list but don't hear anything there after.

jkeesee

Curious as to how many of the 07 applicants receiving referrals have received a referral on the Feb 08 announcement? ASAP indicates I am on the referral list for the Feb 08 announcement yet I've accepted a TOL at the LA PEPC for an 07 announcement position. Guess I'm wondering if I'll get a phone call asking if I want to go to another location.
I am in the same boat. I have a TOL from a Ohio announcement in 07. I went to the PEPC and received a TOL. after that I made the referral list for Michigan in 08. The managers in Michigan said they would put in a by name request for me when the panels met. I called the FAA and this is what they told me......

I was not selected because I was in process for Ohio. If I wanted Michigan I should have turned down my TOL BEFORE the panels met. If I do not want Cleveland then I should turn down my TOL and reapply. I would be taking a risk because there are no guaranties I would be selected on the second round.

fredo

I am in the same boat. I have a TOL from a Ohio announcement in 07. I went to the PEPC and received a TOL. after that I made the referral list for Michigan in 08. The managers in Michigan said they would put in a by name request for me when the panels met. I called the FAA and this is what they told me......

I was not selected because I was in process for Ohio. If I wanted Michigan I should have turned down my TOL BEFORE the panels met. If I do not want Cleveland then I should turn down my TOL and reapply. I would be taking a risk because there are no guaranties I would be selected on the second round.
Ouch! I feel your pain, kinda. I put in my request asking to decline Cleveland, and I didn't receive a reply for 3 weeks. By that time a majority of my other states were paneling so i would have lost all my other options of interest. Fortunately, I didn't lose Cleveland. Best of luck.

jkeesee

Ouch! I feel your pain, kinda. I put in my request asking to decline Cleveland, and I didn't receive a reply for 3 weeks. By that time a majority of my other states were paneling so i would have lost all my other options of interest. Fortunately, I didn't lose Cleveland. Best of luck.
Even if I had the information before the panels met I am not sure I would have turned down the TOL.

As a wise man once said "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." :)

See you in Ohio!

fredo

Even if I had the information before the panels met I am not sure I would have turned down the TOL.

As a wise man once said "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." :)

See you in Ohio!
Good point, I deliberated on it quite sometime. Its a huge move for me leaving sunny (currently smokey) california, so I had a lot to think about. But I'm pretty sure I did the right thing. See you there.