Another UA incident at EWR

Burrito

I'll ask the stupid questions
That phrase was brought up as the code for evac in a series of drills I did a few years ago. It's not just -said-, so much as it's a call to the back and the brief is given. I think that year we did two drills before tech ops had to steal the plane back.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
It's got origins in WWII and was used as an order by an Aircraft Commander to his crew to evacuate (EVacuate = Easy Victor), either on the ground, or to bailout in flight. It moved over to the airline world as a code for the captain to use to alert the FAs that an evac was coming, without actually using the words and stampeding the passengers. That said, it wasn't in the FOM of either 121 carrier I've worked for.

mikecweb

It's got origins in WWII and was used as an order by an Aircraft Commander to his crew to evacuate (EVacuate = Easy Victor), either on the ground, or to bailout in flight. It moved over to the airline world as a code for the captain to use to alert the FAs that an evac was coming, without actually using the words and stampeding the passengers. That said, it wasn't in the FOM of either 121 carrier I've worked for.
Interesting. Never heard that before. Thanks.

DE727UPS

I paid for my full F/E rating back in 85 out of a school in Van Nuys. Had a friend at Hawaiian who said they were hiring low time guys (I had 1500 hours) if they had an F/E ticket. I'm at the end of the sim checkride with a fed and upon landing he screams "Easy Victor" three times. I had no idea what he was babbling about. I did have to do the ride over after being trained on the evacuation checklist and procedures. Apparently the school usually used an examiner who didn't ask for an evacuation demo and this fed was a new experience. Lucky me. I'm pretty sure they started training evacs after that.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
@MikeD how do you move a plane off the runway after something like this? Crane? Trailer? Jack it up and put something with wheels under the damaged gear?

Jordan93

NY/NJ had a bad day. There were decent sized hail balls yesterday too due to the storm. It was pretty gnarly for about 30 minutes.